Announcement Site Upgrade

Nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone,

We've upgraded the site this morning to the newest version of Xenforo. This brings with it a few important upgrades (mostly around security, but also some performance gains) as well as some interesting features.

There are also some caveats, namely:
  • The toolbar on the text editor has changed. It has, as you can note, changed significantly. BUT! This is editable by us. If you see yourself missing a feature you used frequently or have other changes you think we should make, tag me in basically any thread (the "Couple Thangs" one always works well for this kind of thing) and we can see what we can do.
  • Alerts might be a bit fucked up. We used to use an "addon" to make alerts much better than they are. The developer of that addon has been slightly slower to upgrade it than others, so as soon as he does, we'll re-enable it. In the meantime, if you see obvious addon issues, please be patient. But also let me know. I will likely see issues too but probably you'll see ones I don't.
There are also some cool features. I don't want to enumerate them all here, but if you see something neat, play around with it.

If you see anything amiss, please don't hesitate to let me know asap! I'm sure I missed things.