Show me the Honey (wine)! The official Mead, Honey Wine, Biere de Miel and Honey Spirits thread.

1626878134806.png

tumblr_msy0kaeKWY1qajnfeo1_500.gifv

E682A2D2-0CA3-42B0-A2DC-425A5E7BDEFA.jpeg

This is exceptional. Fruit, acidity and sweetness are all balanced perfectly.
I was not prepared for this to be this good since no one really seemed to care all that much when Sahti got some US distro.
I remember MeadMe vanilla in the those squat bottles was also very good but boozy. This doesn’t have that alcohol burn though.
When they nail it, they really nail it.

Not thrilled I missed out on Barrel Aged Black Agnes. Logged in a half hour after I got the Mazer email. Brutal.
They did tell the bookface group yesterday what time the sale would be so more people were ready for it than usual. I was on the phone with my mom when it went live anyway. There is small batch ginger coming so I am more looking for that sale than LJ.

40DCAEE3-A67A-4F80-B398-1BBA0F12B827.jpeg
Don’t even recall the last time I had fresh Statement. This airport bottle sample is supposed to be for a Zoom tasting on Sunday I am too Zoomed out to dial in for but holy crap does it have an incredible marzipan nose on it. Also, because my chocolate for the Maravilla pairing shattered I had that with the Maravilla, Amelia and Statement, all winners.

I don't do memberships or trade any more, but I'm glad they are getting a larger operation. One day I'll track some down. Thanks for the info.
I feel that sentiment deeply. I occasionally BIF or contribute to LIFs but I am over chasing stuff. Too much good stuff readily available people don’t even know or care about.

Happy Mead Day!

I feel that sentiment deeply. I occasionally BIF or contribute to LIFs but I am over chasing stuff. Too much good stuff readily available people don’t even know or care about.

Happy Mead Day!
I'm pretty sure one of the last trades I did was with you on the old site. I still have one of the bottles of schramms you sent me. Saving it for my daughters coming of age.

I do need to start a lif after winning one a year or two ago.

Back