US - South Shelton Brothers The Festival 2020 in Charlotte, NC

it won’t be hard to figure out.
Os and seedavid will be the ones with the tiki drinks. One of them may or may not be wearing a sash.
Nathan will have a notebook and people we’ll be throwing corks at him and/or dumping stout on him
Dave will be the insufferable one
iamjo will be doing Lambic shots out of a banana peel
I assume andrew will be in a full duffman costume and very easy to spot
I will be the one covered in whole hog residue.
I see where I rate...

Well it has officially been moved to 2021. See you guys then.

i was thinking about the event today, and how it seemed unlikely to happen as originally planned, since i kept reading about NC in a bad way.
at the beginning of all this, i hoped this would be one of the first events to actually happen, but we messed that up.

i was thinking about the event today, and how it seemed unlikely to happen as originally planned, since i kept reading about NC in a bad way.
at the beginning of all this, i hoped this would be one of the first events to actually happen, but we messed that up.
Honestly, I feel like the new date may even be a bit hopeful. Shelton fest has always been shoulder to shoulder and there’s no conceivable way to drink indoors safely. They really need to move it to a huge park with lots of room for social distancing or it just isn’t going to be safe.

Honestly, I feel like the new date may even be a bit hopeful. Shelton fest has always been shoulder to shoulder and there’s no conceivable way to drink indoors safely. They really need to move it to a huge park with lots of room for social distancing or it just isn’t going to be safe.

Agreed...this type of fest cannot exist without a vaccine.

That being said, I’m willing to die for lambic.

Where is the press release?

Trying to figure out if I can get a refund on my tickets. Not sure if I want one, but my buddy who is a casual craft beer fan was going to join and he may want to get a refund.

Where is the press release?

Trying to figure out if I can get a refund on my tickets. Not sure if I want one, but my buddy who is a casual craft beer fan was going to join and he may want to get a refund.

On their Facebook. There is nothing explicit about refunds but at the bottom their is an email address that seems like it is for this purpose.

https://www.goodbeerhunting.com/sightlines/2020/11/5/shelton-brothers-ceases-operations

I guess there isn't any hard info about definite cancellation or refunds on tickets, but the consensus seems to be that it ain't happening and we're all shit out of luck.

I e-mailed them and I'll give it like 2-3 days to see what happens, but I assume I'll be trying and failing to dispute the charge via my credit card, and ultimately having to eat the cost. Which really blows.

Oh well. I guess we'll have to all get drunk together someplace else. I see there is an enormous tiki convention in San Diego next year. Hmm...

Uhhh...whatever happened with this?? For some reason I just thought about it and searched my email and I don't see anything about refund or rescheduling. Have no idea where/when to look on credit card statements if it ever automatically came through.

Uhhh...whatever happened with this?? For some reason I just thought about it and searched my email and I don't see anything about refund or rescheduling. Have no idea where/when to look on credit card statements if it ever automatically came through.

Shelton Bros went bankrupt and all their assets were sold off. I doubt you got a refund without asking. I called my bank and eventually got it refunded.

Back