Seltzer/Sparkling Water Discussion

Been buying a lot of Spindrift grapefruit lately. I need to find it cheaper than a buck a can at Whole Foods, because my gf and I can pound them...

So I've tried basically all of the seltzer brands now. I like Spindrift the best, but it's a little bit too close to sparkling juice (because it has real juice in it). On the other the flavors in La Croix, Waterloo etc. taste too fake.

I think what I need is Spindrift with a little less juice. Probably will just spring for a Soda Stream at some point.

Also, our local brewery is now producing hard seltzers. The 3 can options they are starting with are lemon-line, ginger and lemongrass. Had a little taste of the lemon-lime last night and it tasted like Sprite - at 5%, 100 cals, 1 gram of sugar. These are going to be dangerous for the beach.

So I've tried basically all of the seltzer brands now. I like Spindrift the best, but it's a little bit too close to sparkling juice (because it has real juice in it). On the other the flavors in La Croix, Waterloo etc. taste too fake.

I think what I need is Spindrift with a little less juice. Probably will just spring for a Soda Stream at some point.

Also, our local brewery is now producing hard seltzers. The 3 can options they are starting with are lemon-line, ginger and lemongrass. Had a little taste of the lemon-limempop last night and it tasted like Sprite - at 5%, 100 cals, 1 gram of sugar. These are going to be dangerous for the beach.
Emily likes Spindrift and the Trader Joe's knockoff version so we buy those a lot. The carbonation isn't right to me though. I need that harsh fizz.

Costco had Waterloo mix 24 packs (Grapefruit/Black Cherry/Watermelon) for 5.49 in place of La Croix.

First time trying it, and soooo much better. Wife disagrees, so I guess we’re a split household now. Dog custody battle to start soon.
Those are my three favorite flavors. The fuck am I doing over here with my $5.99 12 packs.

I grew up drinking those Arrowhead flavored sparkling waters (now widely referred to as seltzers). I'm not sure if they've changed in the past 20 years, but if not, they may have the bubbles that you crave.

Emily likes Spindrift and the Trader Joe's knockoff version so we buy those a lot. The carbonation isn't right to me though. I need that harsh fizz.

Haven’t had the ones mentioned but I’m with you on the harsh fizz. I can’t stand the lightly carbonated waters.

screen-shot-2019-08-07-at-24506-pm-1565203633582.png

Back