Seltzer/Sparkling Water Discussion

Bought a twelve pack of the Wegmans BCV this weekend.

tenor.gif

Will put it out at the BBQ next weekend so others drink it.

No reason it can't be!

Two Towns Cider started doing some hard seltzers. I don't like White Claw; they're way too sweet for me. These are pretty damn good, though.

2018_SeekOut_Raspberry-Meyer-Lemon_sm.png
Night Shift and Jack's Abby are both dipping their toes in the hard seltzer game. I haven't tried them since I've never been interested in the style. Jack's Abby has also started making regular seltzer which I also haven't tried.

Night Shift and Jack's Abby are both dipping their toes in the hard seltzer game. I haven't tried them since I've never been interested in the style. Jack's Abby has also started making regular seltzer which I also haven't tried.
Wish you would have posted this earlier. My buddy went to Night Shift last week.

Started with La Croix. Then Bubly came along with more flavors and better taste so have been drinking those too. Bought a bunch of 1L Polars since apparently I don't get the cans and these are great, but I don't want 1L bottles all the time. Lagunitas Hop Water is great too when I can find it.

Anyone making their own sparkling water?

I have a SodaStream but personally, do not like the "texture" of the bubbles in it; too soft compared to cans/bottles. Any other solution to make your own?

I have a SodaStream but personally, do not like the "texture" of the bubbles in it; too soft compared to cans/bottles. Any other solution to make your own?
Getting ready to whip up a batch of Lemon, lime, & ginger simple syrup to add to soda stream water.
I have 2 bottles for the soda stream, the one in use and the one that is ready to use next so the water is cold.

Yes in kegs in a kegerator. If you buy used equipment it is not too expensive to get set up but you have to drink a lot of sparkling water to break even with buying it. On the other hand, your trash production is considerably less than buying cans or bottles.

I was in Maine last week on vacation. A few years ago, I would've been hitting up breweries, pumped to get some Oxbow / Bissell / Battery Steele / etc.

Now I am more excited to see what Polar Seltzer flavors I can get there that I don't have in Maryland. Brought home way more seltzer than beer. This is getting old.

When I lived with my parents we would collectively go through three 12 pks a week of Polar ( and Stop & Shop brand) Original, my love for that stuff runs deep. Also Polar has started their own hard seltzer brand, Arctic Summer, in conjunction with Harpoon

Last edited:
Can't seem to find Polar here, so we're stuck with LaCroix and Spindrift. Not overly impressed with LaCroix so far, but just grabbed a few new flavors: coconut, peach pear and lemon. Grabbed a Spindrift lime too to side-by-side with the LaCroix lime we already have.

Just found out our local brewery here is doing the same. Guess we know what the new trend in "beer" is.

Back