Saison Thread

giphy.gif

Now I need to find someone with one of these in town to share...

In SF anytime soon?

20200323_204144.jpg

20200323_215356.jpg

I almost wanted all of this freak folk stuff to be overrated (if for nothing else, than my already sky-high FedEx tab courtesy of Vermont Saisons INC), but I'm really impressed by this first bottle.

It's refreshing, pleasantly acidic (like a german white wine). There's something slightly offputting on the nose at times, like the cheese/brett funk veers into a bit of latex glove, but that's probably my biggest complaint.

Texture's pretty good, lots of tropical fruit, typical lemon-lime and minerality on the palate, yeast is really expressive.

Excited to try the barreled stuff if this is what their stainless offering is.

20200324_180012.jpg

Clausiic had me intrigued, so I had to pop another one tonight. Drifter is 40% oak aged, 60% stainless, Oats, Munich and Pilsner in the mash, conditioned with honey.

When I poured it the head started dissipating pretty quickly with a crackle, so I knew I was in for some acid. Nose is pretty rad, lots of citrus peel, grapefruit and lime, some barnyard funk, not much, but a touch of oak.

Definitely more acidic on the palate than clausiic, got some of that sweet tart thing going on. It's pretty good, but a little too acidic for my taste. Looking forward to the next one, probably gonna wait awhile though so I don't rip through these.

Not sure if I’ve posted this before, but it definitely fucks. BA saison from Veil. Like a guava/blood orange creamsicle but it’s just an IPA aged in wine barrels with Brett (and I assume some house culture). Super creamy and full bodied. The Veil’s brett character is really nice and citrusy.
841C8A01-6198-4A40-A41D-DF78799ADC6E.jpeg

Back