reg ass BA stouts

Fuckin Rye Aphotic is so dope. Big mouthful of chocolate tar. Wonderfully complex with a substantial body that drinks like a graham cracker soaked in burnt coffee liquor. Not a fan of the unphotogenic packaging.

2B3C2BB3-B355-4F01-8052-E8DAF592A02A.jpeg
Late twinning...so good!

SeVtAXb.jpg

Turns out it was 2020 BA Darkness I was drinking. That one was put in High West rye barrels. Saw bottles on the shelf today and grabbed three. Get home and notice that it's 2021 bottles and they're aged in 12yr EC barrels. No rye.
Finally got around to opening a 2021 BA Darkness. It was ridiculous. Fudge and barrel, like the best BCBS from years gone by or BBPt5 from 2012 or so.

D6A0E657-F745-47AE-BE09-8EC5BCE0D535.jpegB2D21B1B-3C91-45A9-B99E-335B70FA5AEC.jpeg

At some point they are going to run out of wax colors. I had a hard time seeing the difference between these 2 but luckily the label tells you what it is, unlike aphotic and zangief which I have thrown in boxes and have no clue which is which.

Black magicks- delicious as always. The newest bourbon one is blantons and it has some wonderful fudge-like notes to it and barrel. The cognac I give the edge to simply for its slight increase in depth of character.

I was looking over untappd reviews and instantly had a moment of rage. I cannot believe in the year 2021 people are still complaining about a beer with no adjuncts not being thick enough. Do these people realize that there is zero possibility for this beer to get any thicker without the addition of thickening agents and adjuncts/unfermentable sugars? People are literally still talking shit about this beer comparing it to pastry stouts. I am baffled at stupidity.

Back