Real Golf

ITT: vent about your shitty round, share WITB and your new sticks, courses played, questions about getting rid of the shanks, etc

I have nothing to add other than ITS US OPEN WEEK, BB!!!!

giphy.gif

ITT: vent about your shitty round, share WITB and your new sticks, courses played, questions about getting rid of the shanks, etc

I have nothing to add other than ITS US OPEN WEEK, BB!!!!

Me: This summer I'm going to get back to playing. This is it. I keep putting it off, but this is the year I finally start really playing again.
Also me on a Saturday that I could play: Man this couch is really comfortable and fuck I'm tired from work this week.

My dad just spent a fuckton on new clubs. Looks like I get his R11 irons. Which ironically I sold him when I worked for Taylormade. Circle of life.
I get spending money on a new driver provided it was at a fitting. Irons, meh. Older tech is still good. Just needs to be set right (lie, length). Last iron set I bought (Bridgestone J40) I spent $300 on and they were in near new shape. That was at least 4 years ago. Amazing irons.
Putters... well, I shouldn't say anything considering how many I have, have had, and have spent on over the years. I rarely lose money mind you. ;)

I get spending money on a new driver provided it was at a fitting. Irons, meh. Older tech is still good. Just needs to be set right (lie, length). Last iron set I bought (Bridgestone J40) I spent $300 on and they were in near new shape. That was at least 4 years ago. Amazing irons.
Putters... well, I shouldn't say anything considering how many I have, have had, and have spent on over the years. I rarely lose money mind you. ;)

That's how I used to be. I used to collect tour stuff and would use it for a bit and flip it for more than I paid. I was a total shitlord. Then again I had contacts at TM and used to work with mini tour players when I worked in Florida. One dude gave me a bunch of Adams stuff that never saw retail. Had a 13* hybrid that I put in place of my 3-wood. That was a monster off the tee and would roll for 50 yards on the hard bermuda grass.

That's how I used to be. I used to collect tour stuff and would use it for a bit and flip it for more than I paid. I was a total shitlord. Then again I had contacts at TM and used to work with mini tour players when I worked in Florida. One dude gave me a bunch of Adams stuff that never saw retail. Had a 13* hybrid that I put in place of my 3-wood. That was a monster off the tee and would roll for 50 yards on the hard bermuda grass.

I too, used to shitlord and flip tour clubs. WRX member at heart. I’d be selling 800 dollar shafts, and 1500 putters weekly. 1300 for just iron heads!

That golf course is so beautiful. The area around it is amazing too.

I can’t imagine trying to watch that tournament there though. So much going on and so many golfers.

Catching up on the US Open. Course is yielding some scores easy. Hope they can dry it out and make something happen with the pins. Not like this course hasn’t been accessible to everyone

I loved every bit of reed melting down and snapping his club to finish his round.

I was pretty drunk and outside clapping at the tv. I’m sure people were super confused if they saw me.

Fuck Patrick reed I blame kymer for letting him play this weekend and lowering the cut line.

I committed to playing more golf this year and I’m thrilled with my play. Last year i probably played 10 rounds and I’m almost to that number already this season. I shot 88 at a really tough course the other day. There’s no secret to shooting a good score. You just gotta get out there

Back