• The first DDT Glassware is on sale! Check out the announcement here!
  • Jerm has put together a LIF to help with COVID-19 relief. Check it out here. (If you don't have access, DM Nathan.)

Real Golf

Played at Trump Westchester this weekend. My buddy from home is the pro there so he invited a few of us out to play. Toughest track I’ve ever played. Never seen so much water, Miss a fairway and wet, almost every green had water in front plus trouble long. Amazing course even though we lost a few balls. Ended up playing about 30 holes. The waterfall par 3 was so fun we played it twice.2670

Last edited:
Played hookie on Monday afternoon and entered a little local tourney (travelling league really) that I've been off and on with since 2006.
Private course that I rarely get to play. Old school course, old money. Tight tree lined fairways, shorter course, thick rough, tiny fast greens.
In spite of losing one ball OB and ending up with a triple on that hole, I did well. Put the driver in the bag since many holes were dog legs and not overly long. Never hit so many fairways, duh.
No birdies, lots of up and downs due to tiny greens. Finished with a decent 80 and ended up winning my handicap flight.
Given I was in a scary place a few weeks back I'm stoked.

Best part of the day was playing with my bud who has stage 4 colorectal cancer. Been battling hard last couple years and still going through chemo treatments. The fact he is out there at all is incredible. Obviously its taken a toll on his body. But being out there is huge for his mental state. Truly inspiring.

New equipment likely on the horizon. I don't have a fairway wood and thinking of grabbing a Cally Epic off this same bud that I played with. He hits it great but wants to dump it for some reason. Wedges are getting close to needing replacement. Grooves still decently sharp so I may get through the year ok. Just a matter of finding the right stuff.
Recently dropped a Tensei X-stiff into my driver and really noticing an upgrade in control. I don't think I swing hard but video suggested otherwise, lol.

Also putters.... 4 in the stable (mix bag of Scottys and TP Mills, game mostly the Mills right now) with one more on the way (Olson) and eyeing a custom from SGC.

Anyone else into boutique and custom (1-off) putters?

Headed out today to get a new set of wedges. Way way over due.

Might pick up a hybrid driving iron or something if I find one...

New shoes too.... I usually wear FJ icons but looking for something a bit more modern and sporty without all the wild colors. Haven’t bought shoes in years as I stocked up years back on the icons. What’s good ?

New shoes too.... I usually wear FJ icons but looking for something a bit more modern and sporty without all the wild colors. Haven’t bought shoes in years as I stocked up years back on the icons. What’s good ?
Adidas Tour 360 are tough to beat. They have both spike and spikeless versions.

I recently bought a used driving iron (2 iron UDi Taylor made) and loving it so far

Last edited:
Ended up with some footjoy proSL shoes. Fucking comfy as hell. Kind of sporty but somewhat classic clean toe shape. No spikes- my first ever but damn are they comfortable.

Got some Vokey SM7 wedges with various grinds after hitting a few and comparing my old wedges. They are the matte black finish so they will west and rust. Will be sweet I think. Used at the range and short game area here and liked them just as much.

Almost got a titleist H1 I think it was. 19* built like a driving iron but very thin hybrid. Damn it felt good but the shaft sucked I used in it. Easy to dig in and launch for my steep swing.

So... got a round in this morning up here in the Smokey Mtns. Course I’m somewhat familiar with enough to know where to NOT try to hit off the side of the mtn.

Haven’t played much, but fuck me im actually okay where my game is.

39 on the front, with a triple and two birdies. The triple came from a 3 putt too. Driving the ball better than I have in..... years? Irons were working well but usually a strong part. Considering zero good lies even in Fairway, I’m thrilled

Wedges... new wedges- why didn’t I get new ones years ago. I’ve been compensating or doing something stupid in the past but I had a great wedge game today. Didn’t miss many greens, but even the gouging of the driver left me some sub 130 yard shots and I was throwing darts.

Putting was... meh. I had 3 -3putts like a chode.

Anywho. I finished up with an 80. I lipped birdie on 15 and 18 and would have had my first sub 80 in damn near two years. Not mad.

Will check in from my golf digs in Wilmington next week.

Pictures for people who can’t read:

Played a round with my buddies back home in western MA (Wahconah Country Club). Probably the best course in the Berkshires. Just absolutely gorgeous and in great shape. Had a lot of pars and bogeys, struck the 2 iron really well from the tee box. For some reason my approaches were garbage, but my 60 degree wedge saved my round. 42 front 45 back

Got out for another round this morning in the Berkshires. About 70 degrees and just perfect weather for golf. Made some ugly doubles on each side but managed an 86 (42 and 44). I’ll probably get one more round before vacation is over and we head back to Brooklyn. Saw this guy in the rough too4225

Gonna just leave this gem here. Didn’t get many photos cause my caddy had my shit most of the day.

Might be familiar to those who’ve watched pga tour. Home to pros such as Webb Simpson and Carl Pettersson.

Pure fucking golf... pure in the best way from the pro shop and locker room, the dining room to the par 3 course. Absolutely phenomenal.

FATC1TY looks amazing, how'd you get to play out there?! Very jealous.

Meanwhile, I went into my local golf shop thinking I'd just get a new shaft for my driver....walked out with a whole new setup. Hzrdus Smoke on a 9* Epic Flash Sub Zero. Just played 9 with it so far but I'm loving the change.

Made a tee time at Bethpage Black this weekend...then I saw the 100 degree forecast. Not looking to walk for 6 hours in that heat. Decided to make a 545 tee time at Dyker Heights here in Brooklyn instead. Course is pretty beat compared to the Black Course but oh well, I’m up early anyway and I’ll be done before it gets too terribly hot. Been playing well lately, always leave one part of my game at home though. Will report back

Would love to blame the heat on my completely garbage round this morning but I flat out sucked today. Started out with a nice par on the first but everything went downhill the rest of the way. Couldn’t get out of the box, never felt good from 150 out and my 60 degree (my bread and butter) was also useless around the greens. 44 out 48 in.
I typically can only get out every 2 weeks so I expect to have some rust, but after playing 3 rounds last week on vacation (3 rounds in the mid 80s) I was feeling good. I can take a handful of shots away from the day but I’m feeling like I need to hit the range. #bummed

Would love to blame the heat on my completely garbage round this morning but I flat out sucked today. Started out with a nice par on the first but everything went downhill the rest of the way. Couldn’t get out of the box, never felt good from 150 out and my 60 degree (my bread and butter) was also useless around the greens. 44 out 48 in.
I typically can only get out every 2 weeks so I expect to have some rust, but after playing 3 rounds last week on vacation (3 rounds in the mid 80s) I was feeling good. I can take a handful of shots away from the day but I’m feeling like I need to hit the range. #bummed

It happens! I played last week- a bunch in fact and was everywhere. 80-94 within 4 rounds.

Played 9 with the kids this afternoon and didn’t care. Speaker blastin and trying to watch over 3 kids under 5 spraying balls everywhere, and drove the ball very well, irons hit well, didn’t have to use much short game cause hit greens mostly, and couldn’t putt worth a fuck for a 39.

Where the fuck did that come from? It’s always the don’t give a damn rounds when it’s good.

Love the pics. My son is 18 months and I can’t wait for days like that

Its fun, but it’s not leisurely. Maybe it will be one day, but their excited to play so that’s awesome. I had one short pitch shot and one of my sons had a wedge in his hand and chipped it closer than I did, literally almost holed it out by a few inches.

Having normally played with my grown friends, I almost immediately turned around and told my 5 year old “hey fuck you buddy! “ in jest, but caught myself in the moment.

So.... catching up but ... Lowry.... damn dude is bringing it together. Would be a great win for the Open if he can hold against the folks pushing on him tomorrow!

Need to record it as I’ll likely miss the finish.

So.... catching up but ... Lowry.... damn dude is bringing it together. Would be a great win for the Open if he can hold against the folks pushing on him tomorrow!

Need to record it as I’ll likely miss the finish.
Rooting for him as well but hope to see a close finish