Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

BrandoSF gave the fantastic recommendation a while back of Open Mike Eagle's "What Had Happened Was" podcast and through COVID I ate up the Prince Paul Season 1 and just recently I finished the El-P Season 2. Both were such great listens and OME did such a fantastic job as both an artist and as a fan of the art. They officially got me hooked on "history of hip-hop" type content.

Enter this series that Preemo seems to have just started recently. I stumbled across it today and I'm excited to see where he takes this. The evolution of the technology and the fact that he still has these floppy disks on hand is awesome.

If you haven’t watched Shads evolution of hip hop it is on Netflix and it’s fantastic

New-ish hire in the office in his early 20's is wearing a Wu-Tang sweatshirt this morning on the video chat. We haven't interacted much about non-work stuff, so I used this as an opportunity to start chatting him up about Wu-Tang. About thirty seconds into the conversation, he goes "Yeah, I don't actually listen to them much. I got the sweatshirt as a gift. But I'll definitely give them a listen!"

giphy.gif

New-ish hire in the office in his early 20's is wearing a Wu-Tang sweatshirt this morning on the video chat. We haven't interacted much about non-work stuff, so I used this as an opportunity to start chatting him up about Wu-Tang. About thirty seconds into the conversation, he goes "Yeah, I don't actually listen to them much. I got the sweatshirt as a gift. But I'll definitely give them a listen!"

giphy.gif

No need for further chatting up then.

giphy.gif
Needs to be fired

Back