Random Music Thoughts / Opinions / Annoyances / Guilty Pleasures / Rants & Raves

I knew about the BLM stuff, but hadn't heard about their pandemic-related nonsense.

Good on you though OceanOfMead for the decision you made to move on. Might seem silly to some, but I'm sure it was not easy to arrive in that place. Or maybe it was and that would make you a better person than I. Still struggling to give up on Mark Kozelek. I mean I have, but...just sucks.
Apparently Vice has been researching the article since July, which was why it was so thorough, but it was Isaac posting about COVID after people were watching to see if they would publicly fuck up again that articles started coming out left and right. I’ve been active in the Reddit, I just feel more comfortable posting about it there, but yeah. I still have my room for their 2022 Back to the Island because I had booked it before everything came out and when they moved 2021 to 2022 they gave us 3 weeks to decide to bail on our rooms/roommates, etc. My thinking at the time was I still want to drink at a swim up bar with some friends I don’t have many other opportunities to see, but I am pretty mad at them. I may still dump my spot.

I like(d) his music, but never enough to see him live or read anything about him. But yeah, it's pretty clear he's been a homie his whole career.
I saw Sun Kil Moon in 2014 on the Benji tour and it was an amazing show. Definitely well known he’s an asshole and difficult person to work with, and I had no qualms about seeing him then. But the sexual assaults are a huge step up from typical asshole musician. I can’t comfortably support him now.

I saw Sun Kil Moon in 2014 on the Benji tour and it was an amazing show. Definitely well known he’s an asshole and difficult person to work with, and I had no qualms about seeing him then. But the sexual assaults are a huge step up from typical asshole musician. I can’t comfortably support him now.

This is me. Have seen him live a couple times and definitely had an off-putting stage presence to say the least. I was a pretty big fan - at least before he started into his weird stream of consciousness talk-songs. But yeah, I'm done with him now. Still have a couple of his records, but can't bring myself to listen to them and I doubt my shop would take them in trade.

This is me. Have seen him live a couple times and definitely had an off-putting stage presence to say the least. I was a pretty big fan - at least before he started into his weird stream of consciousness talk-songs. But yeah, I'm done with him now. Still have a couple of his records, but can't bring myself to listen to them and I doubt my shop would take them in trade.
Do local moms still meet up and burn records or run them over with steam rollers?

Back