Random COVID-19 Thoughts Thread

So my 2nd shot is scheduled for Friday. How did I find out this information you may ask...? Facebook obviously. No email, no phone call... The amount of people that will actual know when to show up for their second shot will be quite low.

The fuck? I don’t even social media, so I would have been one that missed out.

The in-laws took a spontaneous trip to Myrtle Beach of all places weekend before last. Stayed at a shitty hotel and did all the shopping and restaurant eating they desired, cause why not. FIL is able to get the vaccine but opted out because he has a heart condition and MAGA. They found out that a coupon they had dinner with came down with covid about 3 days after they had dinner together. Well the MiL came down with a fever last Wednesday and felt like shit. Rapid test was negative. Father in law refused the test and spent time with his old fart friends even with a symptomatic wife. He started feeling poorly on Saturday and went to the cardiologist. Both were tested with PCR tests and came back positive. I hope they recover fully but WTAF guys. We were so goddam close to making it.

OceanOfMead

Staff member
The in-laws took a spontaneous trip to Myrtle Beach of all places weekend before last. Stayed at a shitty hotel and did all the shopping and restaurant eating they desired, cause why not. FIL is able to get the vaccine but opted out because he has a heart condition and MAGA. They found out that a coupon they had dinner with came down with covid about 3 days after they had dinner together. Well the MiL came down with a fever last Wednesday and felt like shit. Rapid test was negative. Father in law refused the test and spent time with his old fart friends even with a symptomatic wife. He started feeling poorly on Saturday and went to the cardiologist. Both were tested with PCR tests and came back positive. I hope they recover fully but WTAF guys. We were so goddam close to making it.
Sorry to hear. My aunt is a phlebotomist down there and it has been nuts.

I'm at 7 1/2 hours post shot. After about 4 hours of sleep, symptoms gone. Just feel like I woke up after a full night's sleep. Injection area on arm is sore, that's it. The only issue I'm going to have now is getting some more sleep before I have to "get up" for work. My wife had the full blown fever / body aches after her second dose and it took 2 days for her symptoms to clear. We both had Moderna.