Random COVID-19 Thoughts Thread

In fairness there was a lot that changed in 12 months, many of which everyone would laugh Or scoff at how stupid it was, or how shortsighted it was at the time.

everyone’s gonna piss and moan when they aren’t a priority, and I certainly agree. The really sick should go first, the elderly should too, and those who haven’t been working from home should be up next.

count your blessings you can work from home, and support a kid to do school at home and even have the privilege and health to be able to get out for a run and find the desire to scream at people who don’t wear masks.
I am super fortunate and recognize that. This isn’t about me. My frustration is due to my MIL who isn’t old enough to get the vaccine yet in Nebraska, yet she just finished cancer treatment, while my FIL who is actually really healthy, was able to get an appointment because he’s old enough and when he tried to give up his slot for her, they said he couldn’t do that. That’s messed up.

I also think remote learning is working well here in Washington and I’d prefer to see grocery workers get preference for vaccines and just finish the 2020-2021 school year at home, but parents just want to get rid of their kids during the day. This is hyperbole, I recognize the families who need school open to be able to work, but they’re not the ones constantly yelling on my Facebook feed and driving me nuts.

You are right, reporting could be down, and everyone being double locked down for nearly a week in a 'two more week' cycle could have helped break things. Probably won't know until next week what the real story is.

Post holidays everything was trending 70% down regardless.

I feel seen:

And, yes, I understand that there are masks with metal strips on the nose but it's about 50/50 if they work for me - even the Outdoor Research masks that I otherwise like a great deal.
My glasses fog up pretty much every time no matter what kind of mask I try. If I'm outside I just take off my glasses, but they do work as another level of protection when I'm inside a building so I just stumble my way through the foggy world. :LOL:

I wear glasses 100% of the time I'm awake and have zero issues with fog wearing the KN95 masks I wear that I pick up at the grocery store. Just gotta get that metal thingy perfectly formed to your nose and shove your glasses over it with the nose guards holding it down.

Previously my aunt made me a mask that had a really thick metal bendy piece in the nose and that worked like a charm as well.

If I wear one of those surgical masks or the "fun" etsy masks my wife buys... it's a fuckin' mess though.

My glasses tend to fall off whenever I lean forward doing this.

The struggle is real.
Just don't bend forward? lol.

Oh yeah my glasses have done a total header before doing that but if you put your glasses on after the mask you can kinda put the legs of the glasses under and around the elastic that goes around your ears hold them in place.

My wife wears glasses & has tried a bunch of different masks. These are the only ones she's had consistent luck with:

They have separate top section that covers the nose pretty snugly. I'm sure face/nose shape plays a role though, so YMMV.

My wife wears glasses & has tried a bunch of different masks. These are the only ones she's had consistent luck with:

They have separate top section that covers the nose pretty snugly. I'm sure face/nose shape plays a role though, so YMMV.
My glasses fall off my nose all the time regardless of mask. The people at Warby Parker hate me cause I bring in my glasses to get adjusted regularly.

Reactions: dan