Random COVID-19 Thoughts Thread

My mom got Moderna #2, and she used Uber to get it in Denver (from Colorado Springs). I scheduled her rides for her online through her account since she doesn't know how to do that stuff.

The first driver coming to take her home went to an incorrect location about a mile away from the address where I requested her pickup (proof in the map of the failed trip - he didn't get anywhere close to the pickup location). He canceled the ride, and she was charged $10.73 anyway. When I logged in to have it refunded, I received the message below.

Is Uber seriously trying to guilt people into feeling bad and paying for a ride they didn't receive through no fault of their own, of which Uber will take its cut? If that's the case, holy shit. It certainly appears that's exactly what they are doing.

IMG_5976 (1).jpg

I got a kick out of the fact that your post ended with a photo you took of your screen.
In my defense, the app on her phone doesn't work very well (older phone) and doesn't allow her to choose anything other than "Now" for ride scheduling, so I had to log into her account on my computer to do it. I did learn how to take a screenshot and crop it on my computer a couple of months ago, though! I forgot about that until you mentioned this, so thanks.

Is there a mask with a popcorn feedbag attached?
GettyImages-1291060489.jpg

Josh

All Mods Are Beautiful
My mom got Moderna #2, and she used Uber to get it in Denver (from Colorado Springs). I scheduled her rides for her online through her account since she doesn't know how to do that stuff.

The first driver coming to take her home went to an incorrect location about a mile away from the address where I requested her pickup (proof in the map of the failed trip - he didn't get anywhere close to the pickup location). He canceled the ride, and she was charged $10.73 anyway. When I logged in to have it refunded, I received the message below.

Is Uber seriously trying to guilt people into feeling bad and paying for a ride they didn't receive through no fault of their own, of which Uber will take its cut? If that's the case, holy shit. It certainly appears that's exactly what they are doing.

IMG_5976 (1).jpg
Theres no such thing as participation awards in the real world.