US - Northeast Pittsburgh

... How bout that Old Thunder coffee stout, amirite?

Confused High Quality GIF

... How bout that Old Thunder coffee stout, amirite?

Confused High Quality GIF

A friend of a good friend is one of the guys behind Old Thunder.

Told my friend yesterday that some people were discussing it on a niche beer site and he was very excited.

Has anyone heard anything more on the development of the Grist House location that used to be a missile command center?

Has anyone heard anything more on the development of the Grist House location that used to be a missile command center?
I guess you could say they are working on it. Obviously COVID threw a wrench into their plans to refurbish it. They have been selling cans out of it this whole time. It is gigantic. I honestly have no idea why they would want a place that is that big. If they were a bigger more well established brewery I could see it, but it has to be a huge undertaking for them.

Let's see... What's going on with Pittsburgh beer?

BG is steady banging out cans. I really like those slimmy cans but I hate driving to Braddock.

OT has been releasing some nice stuff. That coffee stout I mentioned above was fantastic and both Building Blox and Dissolve & Disintegrate were great. Their taproom should be open soon.

Voodoo seems to drop a BRC release almost every week now, though I haven't won one in months. Clearly it's rigged.

Roundabout is still ho-humming it's way to great beers that most people don't know about.

I don't know what Gnome is doing. I assume still rattling off copious amounts of hoppy cans for the masses.

Hitchhiker is still making beers with every adjunct imaginable. Looking for a chocolate cereal strawberry vanilla coffee toffee marmalade milkshake IPA? Coming soon.

There are other places that are doing things. This is what OneDropSoup was always good for, speaking up on behalf of yee old huddled masses.

Let's see... What's going on with Pittsburgh beer?

BG is steady banging out cans. I really like those slimmy cans but I hate driving to Braddock.

OT has been releasing some nice stuff. That coffee stout I mentioned above was fantastic and both Building Blox and Dissolve & Disintegrate were great. Their taproom should be open soon.

Voodoo seems to drop a BRC release almost every week now, though I haven't won one in months. Clearly it's rigged.

Roundabout is still ho-humming it's way to great beers that most people don't know about.

I don't know what Gnome is doing. I assume still rattling off copious amounts of hoppy cans for the masses.

Hitchhiker is still making beers with every adjunct imaginable. Looking for a chocolate cereal strawberry vanilla coffee toffee marmalade milkshake IPA? Coming soon.

There are other places that are doing things. This is what OneDropSoup was always good for, speaking up on behalf of yee old huddled masses.
The Voodoo BRC rotation has been every other Sunday morning for the past couple of months, with Maple Wood Whiskey BA BBVD dropping just this past Sunday. So keep eyes out of facebook on 4/24.

Back