Phish Thread

saw more than I thought. The only one I thought of off the top of my head was Crosseyed from raspberry jam night. I remember some fuckery with the timing on Lawn Boy from that night and Phish.net has it at 29:59. I was also at a jiboo that was 15 seconds short (7/4/00).

12/30/19 - Tweezer - MSG
7/30/03 - Scents and Subtle Sounds - Camden
7/3/00 - Runaway Jim - Camden
6/19/04 - Piper - SPAC
7/25/17 - Crosseyed - MSG

Also, not sure if the Drive-in set counts.

Gonna have to relisten but I’ll put Crosseyed as 1 and Tweezer as 2.

I accept an argument that "Is This Still Lawn Boy?" aka Lawn Man, is over 30 because it's reprised in the encore. I dunno.

Also, yes, IMO drive in set, tower jam, etc. count

Short list makes it easy for me:

1. 8/11/98 Jim
2. 12/12/99 Drowned
3. 7/3/00 Jim
4. Coventry SOAM

I'll probably go back to that Hartford show today as I don't really remember it anymore. The Philly shows the 2 days prior were great and leaves Hartford kind of a blur at this point. Also oddly tempted to go back and give Coventry another listen. I remember it as a musical trainwreck but still a good time with friends and a hell of an adventure. It was such a dark time in Phish's history and I haven't listened to it once since that weekend, so I'm curious how bad it really sounds 16 years later.

Listened to 7/27/14 last night. What a fun show. The whole second set is permagrin territory. The (awesome) Tweezer>BOTT>Tweezer>BOTT>Tweezer starts it off, but the whole thing is a riot. The whole "Jennifer Dances" segment is hilarious and the "I Been Around" caps it off perfectly.

SET 1: Fee[1], The Curtain With, 46 Days, 555, My Sweet One, Sand, Bouncing Around the Room, Saw It Again > Fuego, You Enjoy Myself

SET 2: Wilson > Tweezer -> Back on the Train -> Tweezer -> Back on the Train -> Tweezer > Waiting All Night, Free -> Tweezer -> Simple -> Tweezer -> Free > Catapult > Slave to the Traffic Light -> Down with Disease -> NICU -> Jam -> Hold Your Head Up -> Jennifer Dances -> Hold Your Head Up, I Been Around

ENCORE: Boogie On Reggae Woman > Tweezer Reprise

Unfortunately, not a lot on YT, but there's this:

Last edited:
all my 30+ were 2.0. In order of how I remember them, bc I haven't listened to any other than the SPAC Piper recently.

6/19/04 PIPER - best thing from 2.0
8/03/03 Ghost - best glowstick jam ever?
8/14/04 Melt - best thing from Coventry
8/03/03 46 Days - longest 46 days ever

unrelated - 7/20/14 wedge on XM Phish radio today, probably the best Wedge ever. Has kind of a 'Freedom 90' jam at the end

Also oddly tempted to go back and give Coventry another listen. I remember it as a musical trainwreck but still a good time with friends and a hell of an adventure. It was such a dark time in Phish's history and I haven't listened to it once since that weekend, so I'm curious how bad it really sounds 16 years later.

8/15/04 set 2 is worth going back to. If you can get through Velvet sea, the 'trey talks' into Melt is really something else. He says 'we need to blow off some fucking steam' then they play a wild Melt for 31 minutes

Man, my memory sucks. I didn’t look up this setlist because I was pretty sure it was the You Sexy Thang show (obviously an homage to gregkoko ) but I have no recollection of the Chocolate Rain opener. Not the fact that they could barely keep it together for the song.
but I do remember Ass-Handed.
Anyway, this show was one of my faves from BD.

edit: here’s my one remaining photo from that night

6F0A50BC-6EF9-4687-912D-BC49FB63886C.jpeg

Man, my memory sucks. I didn’t look up this setlist because I was pretty sure it was the You Sexy Thang show (obviously an homage to gregkoko ) but I have no recollection of the Chocolate Rain opener. Not the fact that they could barely keep it together for the song.
but I do remember Ass-Handed.
Anyway, this show was one of my faves from BD.

Easily a top 5 of the BD along with Powdered, Jam, Glazed, and Jimmies (or Strawberry)

Only have 2 30+ if you count Drive-In....I guess that's what I get for only seeing 1 2.0 show. It looks like I was only 1 show off from a few in 1.0, damn.

Ruby Waves is great, but I loved the Drive-In so much at the time...haven't listened since.

Tuned in to the middle of Number Line last night and that shit was smokin,...wish more were like that.

Thanks mproseph!

IMG-20200723-150432.jpg

Enjoy fellas!

I guess summer 2003 was the summer of the R&R ->seven below combo. This IT combo from 17 years ago today is another classic.

Couldn't find the whole R&R on YouTube, but this is a nice piece of it, and a pro shot. Go listen to this, because while not as good as the '03 Alpine segue, this is a solid A ->

This is pretty cool. I listened to TMWSIY so many times from whatever BT I got it from in like 1998. It was like 59:46 in length, something like that. Haven’t listened to its entirety in ages. Every show I went to until prob 2011 there was at least 1 mention of, ‘what if they play Gamehendge tonite?‘

Back