Phish Thread

Anyone need a Saturday night AC ticket? Apparently when tix initially went on sale last year, I bought a 3 day pass and a single Sat for some reason….who knows…February 2020 feels like 10 years ago :ROFLMAO:

Listening to Wrigley 6/25/16 again. It's a good show, but not great. Set 1 is pretty throwaway & is only redeemed by the Divided Sky.

Set 2 is really good though. The Carini>Tweezer has lots of interesting segments. And Fluffhead. But the Piper>Steam is the heat.

All I could find on YouTube was a mediocre audience video.

Here's a crappy pic by yours truly.
20160625_191338~2.jpg

My last (and probably some of yours as well) 2.0 show. 6/26/04. I wish I remembered anything about either of these shows. I have no idea where we camped, who I was with... anything. But this Boogie On -> Ghost is pretty good.

If you didn't watch Tuesday's DAAM, you should probably do that. The sound is spectacular, and the band was tight AF. But the best part is all the crowd shots. So many early 90s hippies. Would've been so cool to see the boys back when you could just walk up to the rail.

I'm just gonna keep spamming this thread with "on this day" posts. This is great for a run capnmike

If you have Live Phish+ (or have downloaded the Live Bait series), all of set 2 exists as an official release. The Jibboo>Saw it Again>Magilla is on volume 14, and the Twist>Slave is on volume 4.

If you didn't watch Tuesday's DAAM, you should probably do that. The sound is spectacular, and the band was tight AF. But the best part is all the crowd shots. So many early 90s hippies. Would've been so cool to see the boys back when you could just walk up to the rail.

First show, bar entry age was 19, 21 to drink. Didn’t want to risk getting kicked out, so hung back a little first set, at setbreak, ran home to my apartment for a bass ale, then went back to the show and easily got to the “rail” (3’ high bar stage) for set 2. 10.3.91, coming up on Thirty Years Later.

Really into 99 & 2000 this summer. Underrated Phish era, imo. Here's a rare long Chalkdust from 22 years ago

Also, forgot to post yesterday, but there's a super funkafied, 26 minute Gin from 7/9/03 that the 3-5 of you who look at this thread should listen to.

I'm also pretty sure I've posted multiple times about the 3 night Deer Creek run that started on this day 21 years ago. It was good. For the record.

I saw 15 shows in 99, my highest number by far. 7/3-4, 7/23-26 (brutal drives, Columbus to Alpine then back to Deer Creek), 9/12 (was in Bend for a wedding), 9/24-25 (TX swing visiting college roommate), then more Midwest love 10/1-4 and 12/3-4. Somehow no Cypress.

Down to 7 shows in 2000, but I’m happy with the lineup - RCMH2 (Ghost), DCx3 you mentioned, Columbus2, and Vegas.

Good times - no way that was all 21-22 years ago.

I saw 15 shows in 99, my highest number by far. 7/3-4, 7/23-26 (brutal drives, Columbus to Alpine then back to Deer Creek), 9/12 (was in Bend for a wedding), 9/24-25 (TX swing visiting college roommate), then more Midwest love 10/1-4 and 12/3-4. Somehow no Cypress.

Down to 7 shows in 2000, but I’m happy with the lineup - RCMH2 (Ghost), DCx3 you mentioned, Columbus2, and Vegas.

Good times - no way that was all 21-22 years ago.

I only made it to 5 (I guess 6 stats wise) in 99. I would've done more summer tour, but I was on summer break from college & had a really well-paying (at the time) job working for a construction company, so I only made it to 7/21 Starlake & 7/23 Polaris. Also hit the 12/3-4 Cincy shows & of course Big Cypress.

I got 8 shows in 2000, with the Deer Creek run, then 7/14-15 at Polaris, then 9/20 Cincy & 9/22-23 Rosemont. That was a good couple year run to close out 1.0

I only made it to 5 (I guess 6 stats wise) in 99. I would've done more summer tour, but I was on summer break from college & had a really well-paying (at the time) job working for a construction company, so I only made it to 7/21 Starlake & 7/23 Polaris. Also hit the 12/3-4 Cincy shows & of course Big Cypress.

I got 8 shows in 2000, with the Deer Creek run, then 7/14-15 at Polaris, then 9/20 Cincy & 9/22-23 Rosemont. That was a good couple year run to close out 1.0

i did every one of those shows you went to in 2000. Plus some east coast stuff.

Yeah, no idea what I was doung in September 2000, but I missed those Rosemont shows for sure….maybe a play or something if I had to guess.

coach Gonzoillini Unbreakabolt

Who is going to post about Ruby Waves anniversary?

I mean, there's not a whole lot I can say about it that hasn't already been said. The whole show was a gem. It's a top 3 show for me, and hands-down my #1 3.0 show (which I guess will stand, since it's supposedly 4.0 now).

I did have a recollection today that as we were walking into the show, one of my friends made a comment with a reference to hell, and I then quoted the line "the terrible thing about hell, is that when you're there, you can't even tell." And then Phish busted out Olivia's Pool for the second song of set 1. That was pretty great. Oh, and fucking Icculus. Never would've expected that.

Here's a pic from the back of the pit, probably at some point during the Ruby Waves.

MVIMG_20190714_220727.jpg

Back