Peloton. Yeah boi

On a good streak as of late. Proudly setting PRs with each ride. My results are nothing for a fit person to be proud of but for a degenerate drunken stoner with very few fucks left to give if any I’m doing work. I’m treating it like Mario cart and chasing my ghost cart beating that last run. It’s all I can do for now. Someday I’ll laugh at how pathetic I was on this date. Until then cheers mofos.
do the ftp if you haven't already. after that you get to see how lazy you are being.

Don’t even know what that is.
It stands for Functional Threshold Power and tests the maximum output you can hold for a certain period of time. If you search rides by FTP, there will be a bunch of rides that come up, but look for the 20 minute long test rides.

They do suggest you do an FTP warmup before taking the test which is supposed to prepare you for the 20 minute one. Be warned, the test essentially a 20 minute max effort.

It stands for Functional Threshold Power and tests the maximum output you can hold for a certain period of time. If you search rides by FTP, there will be a bunch of rides that come up, but look for the 20 minute long test rides.

They do suggest you do an FTP warmup before taking the test which is supposed to prepare you for the 20 minute one. Be warned, the test essentially a 20 minute max effort.
Hahahahahaha.

I will put that on my calendar. I need some prep.

Late response to shoes: Louis Garneau Multi Air Flex with SPD cleats

My apartment has the commercial bikes, meaning toe cages/SPD

Doing my 2nd FTP test in two weeks FUN FUN FUN
I switched mine over to cage / SPD as well. I've heard all kinds of bad things about LOOK cleats, and I already had SPD shoes from when I started at my old apt complex, so it was an easy decision to change.

For perspective it’s about all I can do to properly finish a 20 minute beginner ride. Anywhere from 90-100 is “output” or whatever. Just hit 100 for first time on 20 minute beginner ride with the Nigerian chick

For perspective it’s about all I can do to properly finish a 20 minute beginner ride. Anywhere from 90-100 is “output” or whatever. Just hit 100 for first time on 20 minute beginner ride with the Nigerian chick
That's the beauty of the FTP test. You go at your own pace and it's a workout plan that's curated to your fitness level based on your final output in that test ride.

Once you know your zones, they don't call out resistance at all, just recommended cadence and it's up to you to put enough resistance on to match the zone they're calling out. The test itself blows, but I highly recommend starting Power Zone - I have found it's really great to have a structured plan, then throw in the theme rides on occasion when I get bored.

Mental struggle to get on today as it’s not right having to punish yourself on a Sunday but alas I clipped in. Wasn’t even trying for a PR but with 5 minutes left I had a shot so upped the resistance and went for it. Bested myself by 2 again. Going to be hard to keep it going but not done trying yet. Off day coming wed or Thursday so will try to keep setting at least until then

Mental struggle to get on today as it’s not right having to punish yourself on a Sunday but alas I clipped in. Wasn’t even trying for a PR but with 5 minutes left I had a shot so upped the resistance and went for it. Bested myself by 2 again. Going to be hard to keep it going but not done trying yet. Off day coming wed or Thursday so will try to keep setting at least until then

reading all this makes me wanna get my own. It’s been awful weather here for getting on my bike and getting fresh air and mud on myself. Days like this (queue stationary bike joke), I wish I could pedal to nowhere.

Well done on jumping on and riding. Feel like that’s half the struggle sometimes.

#mproseph checking in. Mid 30s, washed up former HS soccer star. I’m usually trying to beat the class length in output. Ie 450+ for a 45min class. I’m here to stan for Denis Matt and Hannah Marie Corbin. She’s got a Phish ride for the phans.

Power Zone is legit. Here are my last three tests for reference and you can see the difference. It's amazing.
20minFTPTestRideDenisMorton0215201052PM.jpg

I’ve done and enjoyed the PZ stuff, where can you find that graph?

thought about riding today, but i played a little pickleball instead

shooting for 10kJ/min in a 45 min class. got it for 20 and 30 min. i think the powerzone classes are going to help me get there. will probably attempt before the end of the month, but i've mostly been doing 30 min classes with the occasional 20 min listening party thrown in

Back