Olympics

I would think that skateboarding and surfing might have enough interest, no?

Either way, the NBC Sports App has all events in their entirety available shortly thereafter. Definitely going to make time for this stuff.

For the record, I love the Olympics. I just wish the really interesting sports got more exposure so we didn't have to watch the same big three sports every four years. Luckily we live in a time when we can find the events online if we want to put in the effort. The time difference for Tokyo is going to be a real bitch though.

Handball is probably my favorite to watch. Fast paced, combination of intelligence and athleticism. The US could field a phenomenal team if the sport ever took hold here.

Boxing and Judo are both great. I'll bet most people don't realize Judo is still an Olympic sport.

Basketball and wrestling, obviously.

I also enjoy the shorter track and swimming events.

Anyone who knows me well can tell you I'm an absolute Olympics junkie to an extreme degree. I have adored the Olympics ever since I was a child and went to Atlanta '96. (And then in college I went to Vancouver '10.) I usually park myself in front of multiple tvs/devices for as long as possible, watching every sport I can. For this reason, I am thrilled with how much better the NBCSports apps and streaming have gotten over the past few games. I hope the trend continues this year since time zones wreck things hard.

Probably have to watch them on off-hours (not primetime) online streaming or through NBC's app. Otherwise we'll miss swimming or gymnastics, god forbid...

The swimming is boring on TV but in person it's extremely exciting. I went to Sydney 2000 and we went to the swimming every night I was there. Bunch of new WRs and ORs.

Badminton is also very exciting in person, but very hard to follow on the TV.

I saw some competitive surfing on the TV while I was in Hawaii. It was a lot of people sitting on their boards waiting for a decent wave to come by. It would need fishing show level of editing.

I follow the World Surfing League on Instagram. Really cool and tolerable to watch when all you see is the action without all the talking & waiting around.

I don't really care for track and field except for a couple events, swimming is ok I guess. Diving is cool to watch a little bit. The basketball should be interesting this year, they both could loose. No wrestling this year sucks. Sport I found interesting that I came across last Olympics is trampoline.
I'm really a winter Olympics fan, Will watch just about everything then.

I don't really care for track and field except for a couple events, swimming is ok I guess. Diving is cool to watch a little bit. The basketball should be interesting this year, they both could loose. No wrestling this year sucks. Sport I found interesting that I came across last Olympics is trampoline.
I'm really a winter Olympics fan, Will watch just about everything then.

Handball, basketball, 3x3 basketball, judo, boxing, 100 & 200m track are all must watch for me. I can also get down with beach volleyball and some swimming as long as they're not marathon sessions. I'll give karate a try this year even though I'm pretty sure what we'll see.

Back