Official NFL 2019

This feels to me like "Who are you going to get that's better?" Rivera might not be a great coach, but he certainly seems like a good one.

My take is that he’s a solid coach and relatively well liked, but the expectation bar is higher than what’s realistic. Especially considering injuries and talent level. I agree that they might regret this one, but Tepper is cut from the Rooney cloth so maybe he’ll do well in his search?

I have no idea, I only live here...

Paging boogercrack

mixed feelings. I really liked Rivera. I was all in on Riberboat Ron era football. Kinda wishy washy the last year or so. It's similar to the feelings towards Cam in the fan base. Half hate Rivera, half like him. My dad sent me more texts of joy after the announcement went out than he sent me on my birthday. With Cam, all the crusty old white fans hate Cam (.............. no underlying horsehit there) when a lot of the younger fans realize he's the best QB in franchise history. Who has been beaten down.

Was he the best coach for the teams/players he had? Probably not the best. But he was extremely far from the worst option.

He ran us to a Super Bowl and coached some of the most exciting teams in the history of the organization. I guess Tepper isn't dicking around any more. I just wonder what card he and Hurney have up their sleeve to do this right now.

Cam's got a really low dead money value next year IIRC, but it's been obvious Kyle Allen isn't the guy long term.

With CMC in his prime and Kuechly always one concussion away from retirement.... need to win now.

Why fire Kitchens for Rivera? Seems like a lateral move

I hope they keep Freddie though. I think this team has enough talent and with a year to upgrade the OL the Browns should be fighting for a wildcard or the division.

I’m not a wait til next year because this team is talented, so I hope they win out. Not saying it will happen but I’d take a 9 win team who played 6 games against teams with a losing record now (2 against the bengals and 1 against the cards hasn’t happened yet).

I think the schedule played a bit of a factor in in this season. Lots of tough games early when they weren’t playing well.

Back