US - South North Carolina Particulars

Thewhowhatnow?

Two blocks south of Burial or so. Weird Twin Peaks / X files decor. Upstairs. Sweet picture of the seasons on a wall.

Fantastic doppelbock. Quality pils. Had this weird coconut milkshake ipa that was stupid good and I hate milkshake beers. Tasted everything on tap and it was all good (worst one probably the saison).

I dunno, maybe because we walked there straight from burial and their beers were so shitty it made this place really stand out, but it would be my go to spot in Asheville proper.

Two blocks south of Burial or so. Weird Twin Peaks / X files decor. Upstairs. Sweet picture of the seasons on a wall.

Fantastic doppelbock. Quality pils. Had this weird coconut milkshake ipa that was stupid good and I hate milkshake beers. Tasted everything on tap and it was all good (worst one probably the saison).

I dunno, maybe because we walked there straight from burial and their beers were so shitty it made this place really stand out, but it would be my go to spot in Asheville proper.
I know the brewery of which you speak. How you can mention the decor and not the seasons oil painting or think it’s the best brewery in town confuses me. Their pils is fine, but nothing special imo. Going there after Burial does explain a bit.

I know the brewery of which you speak. How you can mention the decor and not the seasons oil painting or think it’s the best brewery in town confuses me. Their pils is fine, but nothing special imo. Going there after Burial does explain a bit.

Shrug. I'll stand by my statement. Liked my experience there, and the beer, better than any place else in Asheville proper.

This @snarf?

Really enjoying Trophy Foam Party pils. First couple batches were a little off, but it tastes dialed in now. They’ve also put out some really nice fruited berliners lately...definitely worth checking out the blueberry one.

Anyone going to the stupid Burial release on Friday? I’ll be there with an off-site homie.

Any of you dick puppets going to Zezzion Fest Saturday? Can’t believe this is the second beer event this Summer I’ve been excited about it. Two more than the last several years combined.

Very relavent to my interests. Caaam lambicdregs kbuzz and I forget who else is here...

Some thoughts recently:
  1. Resident Culture is the best brewery in Charlotte
Heading to Charlotte for a night. Any other recs beyond RC? I'll probably be looking for a spot with good food and good shit I can't get in Oakland. Also any good bottle shops?

Heading to Charlotte for a night. Any other recs beyond RC? I'll probably be looking for a spot with good food and good shit I can't get in Oakland. Also any good bottle shops?

Salud Cerveceria in NoDa is a brewery/bottle shop all in one. I'd go there. While in NoDa, you can also check out the new Wooden Robot spot. Heist is also in NoDa, if you must. And NoDa Brewing, obviously...and like 3-4 other breweries not really worth mentioning.

It's a bit outside of town, but High Branch is doing some awesome things up in Concord.

Salud Cerveceria in NoDa is a brewery/bottle shop all in one. I'd go there. While in NoDa, you can also check out the new Wooden Robot spot. Heist is also in NoDa, if you must. And NoDa Brewing, obviously...and like 3-4 other breweries not really worth mentioning.

It's a bit outside of town, but High Branch is doing some awesome things up in Concord.
You guys got Uber/Lyft out there? Asking for a friend :cautious:

Anyone want to hook me up with sexual chocolate? BA and regular? I would set up an ISO thread but I'm scared. I have Highland Park, Fremont stouts...how does this work again?

Anyone want to hook me up with sexual chocolate? BA and regular? I would set up an ISO thread but I'm scared. I have Highland Park, Fremont stouts...how does this work again?

Don't think it's hit distro yet, but when it does I can take care of ya.

Don't think it's hit distro yet, but when it does I can take care of ya.
giphy.gif

It's been a shelf beer for years (wouldn't be surprised if last year's regular at least is still on shelves throughout the Carolinas), but my understanding is that they are only bottling the coffee BA version this year, and non-adjunct BA is draft only. I'm sure the BA coffee SC is good though.

It's been a shelf beer for years (wouldn't be surprised if last year's regular at least is still on shelves throughout the Carolinas), but my understanding is that they are only bottling the coffee BA version this year, and non-adjunct BA is draft only. I'm sure the BA coffee SC is good though.

Yeah I heard the same and that the coffee version is actually really good.

How times have changed. I'd love to try the coffee and I'm always down for a bottle of regular. One of the first barrel aged stouts that blew my mind.

I always wanted to go for a release party, but now I see mixed reviews online.

Back