New music of 2020

Another new tune from my KEXP-listening ass. RIYL Washed Out, Toro Y Moi, chillwave in general.

edit: He'll be playing live on KEXP Wednesday morning at 8:30 pacific. He'll be live from the front yard of one of the KEXP DJs.

i've gone through all his albums now. i really like all his stuff so gracias for posting. the new album is so different than the old ones.

New Ceelo Green is pretty darn good. Kind of has a modern motown vibe to it.

150813-ceelo-green-releases-brand-new-album-ceelo-green-is-thomas-callaway-1304600.jpg

"Slow house" was decently big around 2009-2011, and eventually it merged with the rising Deep House movement causing it to lose a bit of its momentum as a stand alone sub-genre. A few artists held on, but for the most part many of those slow house artists moved on or stopped producing. Its nice to see a few artists revisit the sound every now and then - I think Behling & Simpson have recently started putting out some of their old tunes and a few fresh ones. This tune brings me right back to summer 2010. Refreshing sounds.

Didn’t know this was a thing as such although I probably own a bunch of records that fit the the bill. The whole Baldelli - Cosmic revival was when I first started to notice things getting slower. Then the disco edits that were coming out all slowed down. Next you had a bunch of guys like Mark E moving on from edits to releasing original stuff.

Didn’t know this was a thing as such although I probably own a bunch of records that fit the the bill. The whole Baldelli - Cosmic revival was when I first started to notice things getting slower. Then the disco edits that were coming out all slowed down. Next you had a bunch of guys like Mark E moving on from edits to releasing original stuff.

I dont think it was ever a designated label for the sub-genre. I just remember the producers at the time (mosca, om unit, behling & simpson, etc) calling it by that name and it stuck for the most part. I was sad to see it fizzle out tbh. Perfect summer time pool party music.

Current aoty for me is the latest one from The Beths. Tons of good releases in the last few days: Margo Price, The Streets, 100 gecs, Julianna Barwick
Margo Price and Sarah Jarosz vinyls (released CD and digital a few weeks ago) incoming to me this week.

Current aoty for me is the latest one from The Beths. Tons of good releases in the last few days: Margo Price, The Streets, 100 gecs, Julianna Barwick

And Illuminati Hotties goes fucking hard:

I loved this track and have had them on shuffle all evening - thank you!

Haim - Women In Music Part III

Deserves a mention. Really solid from back to front. Good variety of styles, loads of obvious singles. Made it to No. 1 on the UK album charts which I'm sure Geoff Barrow is raging about.

R-15532255-1593806166-3675.jpeg.jpg

I know Barrow from Portishead. Why would he have an issue with Haim?

Spent ages dissing them on Twitter. Reckons they’re some sort of management company construct. Wasn’t a good look for him.

Ah.

I mean you can say that about anybody who grew up in LA with well to do parents and musical talent really.

It would be valid criticism if it was Danielle and Este's first band that had blown up because...yikes. Just awful shit.

Love HAIM though. Caught a few of their live quarantine performances lately and they are sounding as good as ever.

Back