Netflix (BA DUM)

No Way Reaction GIF

Man I love That 70s Show but after the awful Season 8 and That 80s Show (ugh) let the thing die in a ditch already.

Unless they revolve the show around Kurtwood Smith and Debra Jo Rupp as grandparents. Timeline would work fine.

Finished it. Easily the best of the 3 series IMO.

I'm not religious, but I like seeing it imagined in fiction. Done well, horror is the best way to do so. As heavily as Christianity was involved in this, I'm impressed at how clear they were able to keep the sides. Usually that distinction gets blurred as the story goes on so as not to make the righteous out to be the bad guys. That homie woman was easily just the worst and no lines were blurred there. Blending the ideas of angels and vampires together was done really well and wasn't too heavy handed in the vampire lore.

I'm also a big fan of exploring ideas about death, and this is the first time I've seen something that mentions something I thought about years ago. Life being another dreamscape, just as dreaming is just a small part our current existence. While Christianity again is a big theme, by the end the show doesn't take a side in which theory might be more true, which is how it should be. Who can know?

Maybe the greatest achievement of this series though, was the fact that this was a horror show/movie, which involved a gun, and that gun was fired the exact number of times it was supposed to have been! This genuinely might be a first in the genre.
I very much enjoyed it as well. Hamish Linklater really made the series work. Samantha Sloyan as well. Those two performances really made the series for me. There were a few head scratching parts and the soliloquies/dialogue were periodically long winded, but it was ultimately a very enjoyable series.

I think Bly Manor being haunted house-adjacent really hurt it as everyone's expectations were set by Hill House and it was a really a very different series. I'd probably have to rewatch all three series to do a ranking, but they are all pretty comparable for me.

My wife and I stumbled upon "Click Bait" over the last week and finished it last night. Dumb and convoluted story line made up just so they can have you thinking who did it at the end of each of the last few episodes only to go in a completely different direction.

Adrian Grenier seems like a fine enough actor and having wondered what he's been up to since Entourage had me scratching my head. He's been in some shorts and done voice work. Then a couple made for TV movies. Seems like a charming enough lead that I'd have thought he'd have been doing more work.

I very much enjoyed it as well. Hamish Linklater really made the series work. Samantha Sloyan as well. Those two performances really made the series for me. There were a few head scratching parts and the soliloquies/dialogue were periodically long winded, but it was ultimately a very enjoyable series.

I think Bly Manor being haunted house-adjacent really hurt it as everyone's expectations were set by Hill House and it was a really a very different series. I'd probably have to rewatch all three series to do a ranking, but they are all pretty comparable for me.

Personally, I think Hill House is the best of the three but Midnight Mass is very, vey good. Dude has at least two more coming to Netflix as well.

My wife and I stumbled upon "Click Bait" over the last week and finished it last night. Dumb and convoluted story line made up just so they can have you thinking who did it at the end of each of the last few episodes only to go in a completely different direction.

Adrian Grenier seems like a fine enough actor and having wondered what he's been up to since Entourage had me scratching my head. He's been in some shorts and done voice work. Then a couple made for TV movies. Seems like a charming enough lead that I'd have thought he'd have been doing more work.
Clickbait was good casual watching. I'm talking watch while browsing DDT watching. You didn't have to pay super close attention to grasp everything and it was fun enough to keep our interest.

We have got Squid Game lined up next and the second season of Into The Night after that.

Personally, I think Hill House is the best of the three but Midnight Mass is very, vey good. Dude has at least two more coming to Netflix as well.

Clickbait was good casual watching. I'm talking watch while browsing DDT watching. You didn't have to pay super close attention to grasp everything and it was fun enough to keep our interest.

We have got Squid Game lined up next and the second season of Into The Night after that.
That is good commentary on Clickbait. I just disliked the ending so that kind of tainted me on the rest of the show in retrospect. Up until then it was totally as you described for me as well.