Netflix (BA DUM)

Finish Squid Game last night. Great show.

When I got a few episodes into this show I was pretty sure it needed to be one season and done. You can tell that is not the case when this season ended. Interesting, because from what I've read, the show became a huge success out of nowhere for Netflix. So I am sure they weren't planning a second season. I guess there are some loose ends to tie together though.

I was pretty sure a few episodes in that the cop's brother was affiliated with the games somehow. I was thinking he would be a previous winner, and possibly a VIP? Didn't see him being Front Man though. Also, are we sure the cop died?

001 being an insider and a big part of the games came as a big surprise.
Tbh I hope they don't

season 7 GIF
Based on these few examples, they used the same writers as the Apes Musical (and some were saying elsewhere that there are too many musicals... c'mon!:
Here are some modern classics from the “Diana” book.

Cradling baby William, Charles (Roe Hartrampf, excellent, truly) croons, “Diana, I’m holding our son. So, let me say, jolly well done!”

At the start of Act Two, Diana’s extramarital side saddle James Hewitt — given a wig so red, it would stop traffic — enters shirtless, from a hole in the floor, and wails, “You don’t need a messy divorce! All you need is a man on a horse!”

Later, at a soiree with both Di (Jeanna de Waal) and Camilla Parker Bowles (Erin Davie) in attendance, the upper-crust crowd goes, “I just got a ticket to the main event! It’s a Thrilla in Manila but with Diana and Camilla!”
Via:

Based on these few examples, they used the same writers as the Apes Musical (and some were saying elsewhere that there are too many musicals... c'mon!:

Via:
Goddamnit now I want to watch this. Hahahah.

I took a look at Playbill and they actually are opening on 11/2/21 on Broadway too.

New chappelle…entertaining but not his best imo
Yeah... I watched it and it was just there. I did laugh at the "Space Jews" joke because I'm a child. Mostly his same old grumpy Dave MAGA-whistling schtick he's been doing for years now. Honestly the people on here are a lot more triggered by that kinda stuff than me.... I don't care if you bring in your own politics as long as it's funny. Carlin certainly did that his entire career and he's my favorite comic of all time (even though he totally sucked when I actually saw him in person, lol)

This is apparently the last special in his Netflix contract so he'll tour this act for a couple years and hopefully he revamps cause I was bored by the end.

Yeah... I watched it and it was just there. I did laugh at the "Space Jews" joke because I'm a child. Mostly his same old grumpy Dave MAGA-whistling schtick he's been doing for years now. Honestly the people on here are a lot more triggered by that kinda stuff than me.... I don't care if you bring in your own politics as long as it's funny. Carlin certainly did that his entire career and he's my favorite comic of all time (even though he totally sucked when I actually saw him in person, lol)

This is apparently the last special in his Netflix contract so he'll tour this act for a couple years and hopefully he revamps cause I was bored by the end.

I've seen Tony Clifton 4 times. Offensive shit doesn't bother me. It's the whiny, reactionary, thin-skinned bullshit that is off-putting. Waaa, people on social media are silencing me! Dude's beyond washed.

Last edited:

Yeah I knew this was his last one. I definitely laughed but it reminded me of a time I saw him in Jax. Something was not quite his typical self.

I’m lucky enough to have seen him live a few times and only one time was just ok- the previously mentioned Jax performance. …the rest were funny and I generally enjoy his comedy acts. Which seems to put me on an island at DDT

Yeah I knew this was his last one. I definitely laughed but it reminded me of a time I saw him in Jax. Something was not quite his typical self.

I’m lucky enough to have seen him live a few times and only one time was just ok- the previously mentioned Jax performance. …the rest were funny and I generally enjoy his comedy acts. Which seems to put me on an island at DDT
He did our college homecoming one year (they always had a big comic every year) and killed. This was almost 20 years ago though.

Fuck I'm old.

I've seen Tony Clifton 4 times. Offensive shit doesn't bother me. It's the whiny, reactionary, thin-skinned bullshit that is off-putting. Waaa, people on social media are silencing me! Dude's beyond washed.

Yeah I gave Dave the benefit of the doubt on his initial foray into ranting about how LGBT people are making progress on overcoming oppression and how angry it makes him that it's unfair.

We're years later and the first 20 minutes of the special is him still whining about it. It's crossing the line from "politics-inspired comedy" to "famous man with microphone complains that people are treating him unfairly" and any comedy is incidental.

Finished Maid. And ticked the first two episodes of Squid Game. I should have watched some Seinfeld episodes to liven things up.
The first half of the first episode of Squid Game was soooo hard to watch. I even turned it off and waited a day to finish it. I'm definitely now interested in where it goes but can only imagine how dark it gets.

Yeah I gave Dave the benefit of the doubt on his initial foray into ranting about how LGBT people are making progress on overcoming oppression and how angry it makes him that it's unfair.

We're years later and the first 20 minutes of the special is him still whining about it. It's crossing the line from "politics-inspired comedy" to "famous man with microphone complains that people are treating him unfairly" and any comedy is incidental.

The funniest part of the special was the final line about his "tribe", which the pictures over the end credits reveal to be rich entertainers who say stupid shit. What a swerve.

Back