Netflix (BA DUM)

It was okay. I do feel like there hasn't been much good comedy in the last couple of years.
I like Tom Papa but I have seen the comedy in his current special 3 times now.

And that Charlie Berens set I shared from You Tube might not be as funny outside the midwest but I had literal tears over the Midwest Goodbye bit recalling how my dad and college roommate’s dad needed a full hour to separate at the end of a hang.

The Rock special got a few chuckles out of me but was mostly.,, just okay,

I will just say Eddie Izzard is the greatest living comedian. We're seen her 3 times and there's no opener and every show has been 2+ hours long with almost no lulls in laughter from the audience.

She then goes to the lobby and will stand there for hours. Shaking hands and kissing babies. Meeting each and every person that wants to meet her.

I was kinda heartbroken when Eddie pivoted into politics... supposedly the last tour might have been her last one (at least in the US).

I will just say Eddie Izzard is the greatest living comedian. We're seen her 3 times and there's no opener and every show has been 2+ hours long with almost no lulls in laughter from the audience.

She then goes to the lobby and will stand there for hours. Shaking hands and kissing babies. Meeting each and every person that wants to meet her.

I was kinda heartbroken when Eddie pivoted into politics... supposedly the last tour might have been her last one (at least in the US).
I fucked up. Did not see her in the lobby. But it was also at Chicago Theater, which has shit for a lobby, fuck. I love her so much I once quoted her on an exam on India’s independence.

I fucked up. Did not see her in the lobby. But it was also at Chicago Theater, which has shit for a lobby, fuck. I love her so much I once quoted her on an exam on India’s independence.
Yeah I could see how that could be difficult in venues with small lobbies. She played the Long Center here which is a big modern symphony hall that has a really big lobby that extends out to the giant courtyard area in front of the lake downtown.

One thing I quite enjoy about Eddie is that you can watch her routines from 15+ years ago and… everything has aged well and nothing will make you grimace. Truly somebody living in the future.

They should have released this theatrically. I think a lot of guys in my age range (35-40) would have brought their kids to their kids.

I'll regularly react to someone and just say "You! Cake or death?!"

The number of people who stare back confused adds to my apathy toward the human race.

Back