US - Midwest Michigan--at least we're not Ohio

A "fun" fact about me is that when I was in 8th grade I had the entire The Further Adventures of Nick Danger memorized. Today I can only really remember the intro...

Los Angeles. He walks again by night! Out of the fog and into the smog! [coughing] Relentlessly! Ruthlessly! [I wonder where Ruth is] Doggedly! [woof woof hey get off of me] Toward his weekly meeting with: The Unknown! At 4th and Drucker he turns left. At Drucker and 4th he turns right. He crosses MacArthur Park and walks into a Great Sandstone Building! [ouch my nose!] Groping for the door, he steps inside. [telephone rings] He climbs the 13 steps to his office. [telephone rings] He walks in. [telephone rings] He's ready for mystery, he's ready for excitement, he's ready for anything. [telephone rings] He's!

Nick: "Nick Danger, Third Eye"
Phone: "Uh yes I'd like a pizza to go with no anchovies."
Nick: "No anchovies? You've got the wrong guy. I spell my name Danger!" [hangs up]
Phone: "What?"
Can confirm, this was not googled. Nathan randomly recites this entire thing all the time.

Going to visit my parents in Jackson next week. Hope to make a trip up to Speciation sometime, but not sure when. Any place in the Jackson/AA area you guys would say are must hits? I have heard great things about HOMES and am intrigued by it.

Coming in from Dallas.
Enjoyed HOMES for what it is. Definitely some of the better haze in Michigan.

Lemme know when you’re coming to Speciation. It’s about 3 miles from my house. Will touch tips.

It may not happen now. What time are they open to tonight? I forgot my wife flies into Detroit on Wednesday, and we have our family Thanksgiving in Jackson this afternoon.

If I do, I will let you know.

10 minutes east of AA, in Ypsi, is Cultivate. Go there.

Didn't get to stay and have a drink, but swung by since I saw they had Speciation hoping to get a bottle. It helps it is 2 miles from my sisters house (which I visited for the first time today), and I am the luckiest man in the world (or Michigan atleast).

I went in asked if they had any bottles of Speciation, they said no, but they could do crowlers. I am not going home until Friday and have plenty of Spotted Cow, which my parents brought back from WI for me, so I passed. I asked if they had any bottles to go, and they pointed to one small area.

What do I see there but bottles of Black Agnes ($35), Madeline ($40), and a few other Schramms. Then I see the real winner... a 750 of Hommage for $38. I asked if it was available to go, the guy said sure, and I walked away happy.

Anyone have any recs for a place with good food and drink options in downtown Marquette? I'm staying at the Landmark Inn if that means anything to anyone.

The story over on BA is that only around a dozen people showed up for bottle sales for 4 Elf.

I've made fun of Dark Horse as much as anyone, but damn. That's just sad.

Back