US - Midwest Michigan--at least we're not Ohio

OceanOfMead

Staff member
I'll be there a week from tomorrow. Oh, and I'm sure that bee is drunk now.
If you go through Escanaba I cannot recommend Swedish Pantry enough.
1EC08341-81C3-4480-9DE4-8B656026A426.jpeg
They also had massive cinnamon buns too big for two people to reasonably split, but we do have a molasses cookie for later. It was empty compared to the greasy spoon next to our motel which got all the main road traffic (also solid but not notable).

They also had massive cinnamon buns too big for two people to reasonably split, but we do have a molasses cookie for later. It was empty compared to the greasy spoon next to our motel which got all the main road traffic (also solid but not notable).

Probably going to spend a night in Escanaba to break up the drive. My wife will be happy with this recommendation because she LOVES cinnamon rolls.

OceanOfMead

Staff member
65585AD9-1ED1-426E-A390-F5B51E480D59.jpeg
Lawry’s beef pasty for lunch. Probably should have split a 17oz instead of 2 10’s but these were solid.
A5EA6F8C-8BE6-44D0-BA6A-ED0D504D61E4.jpeg
Steinhaus for dinner. Since school is back in Marquette is packed just about everywhere for dinner. We were able to be seated right away and I think this is my second favorite schnitzel after Glaner Stube, which is no small effort. Also ordered a maple old fashioned. Reservations are recommended anywhere in town rn, but this was a damn delight.

Love that spot!

C5DE15D2-155F-4AEF-BA06-78875AA374B0.jpeg
The whitefish truck that sets up next to Brickside brewing is way more to write home about than the brewery. Fuck I love fried whitefish.
Yeah, I think Brickside gets love because its the only show in town. I wasn’t impressed the time I went, and a friend of mine was just up there about a month ago and they only had 3 beers? on tap.