Layin' Bricks: The LEGO Thread

Any of you guys watching Brick Masters on Fox? (Thought this topic might get more traction here than in the Media forum) Our family has been watching it since the first episode and very much enjoying it. Will Arnett is a pretty good host. Just the right amount of sarcasm/Will Arnett shtick without it becoming annoying or seemingly "mean" to the contestants. Speaking of the contestants, there are some amazingly skilled builders on that show.

When we were bored and it was raining a couple weekends (what are those?) ago I found that the show was originally an Australian production a few years ago. Torrented that and it isn't quite as good. Only got one episode into it before they lost interest in it. FWIW, the US show had at least a few of the exact same challenges.

Any of you guys watching Brick Masters on Fox? (Thought this topic might get more traction here than in the Media forum) Our family has been watching it since the first episode and very much enjoying it. Will Arnett is a pretty good host. Just the right amount of sarcasm/Will Arnett shtick without it becoming annoying or seemingly "mean" to the contestants. Speaking of the contestants, there are some amazingly skilled builders on that show.

When we were bored and it was raining a couple weekends (what are those?) ago I found that the show was originally an Australian production a few years ago. Torrented that and it isn't quite as good. Only got one episode into it before they lost interest in it. FWIW, the US show had at least a few of the exact same challenges.

So, ah...anybody else’s LEGO budget suddenly out of whack? 😆 Have been scooping up some smaller sets for our 68-month-old when I saw them at 20% off, and holy shit is that coming in handy. Also grabbed a few for myself for good measure. Kiddo and I built the ice cream truck the other night:
32E8C58E-C5BD-467C-8611-406FB325F35F.jpeg

And global pandemic was excuse enough to push me over the edge and finally grab the ship in a bottle. We did phase 1 last night:
6CDF5825-F332-492A-954B-8949B1311DCF.jpeg

So, ah...anybody else’s LEGO budget suddenly out of whack? 😆 Have been scooping up some smaller sets for our 68-month-old when I saw them at 20% off, and holy shit is that coming in handy. Also grabbed a few for myself for good measure. Kiddo and I built the ice cream truck the other night:
32E8C58E-C5BD-467C-8611-406FB325F35F.jpeg

And global pandemic was excuse enough to push me over the edge and finally grab the ship in a bottle. We did phase 1 last night:
6CDF5825-F332-492A-954B-8949B1311DCF.jpeg
Damn, might have to pick up that ice cream truck. Where is it 20% off?

1585672240170.png

tenor.gif

To help pass time during this quarantine, I broke down and bought my son something I always wanted but never had as a kid - a motorized train. I'm rehooked on building again, and really want to make my own train. Does anyone know if there is any good way to buy a bunch of the train-specific pieces? I mostly want the wheels, axles, chassis, magnetic connectors... stuff like that.

To help pass time during this quarantine, I broke down and bought my son something I always wanted but never had as a kid - a motorized train. I'm rehooked on building again, and really want to make my own train. Does anyone know if there is any good way to buy a bunch of the train-specific pieces? I mostly want the wheels, axles, chassis, magnetic connectors... stuff like that.
Bricklink and Ebay.

What LurchingBeast said if you just want the pieces. FB Marketplace seems to have a lot of Lego stuff in my area. That's another option for pieces.

Not sure with how you wrote this if you bought a Lego motorized train already or just a train set. If you hadn't bought a Lego specific one yet there is this:

60197_alt1

$159 on the Lego store. Comes with the bluetooth motor. Not a horrible price in terms of Lego. Enjoy either way!

What LurchingBeast said if you just want the pieces. FB Marketplace seems to have a lot of Lego stuff in my area. That's another option for pieces.

Not sure with how you wrote this if you bought a Lego motorized train already or just a train set. If you hadn't bought a Lego specific one yet there is this:

60197_alt1

$159 on the Lego store. Comes with the bluetooth motor. Not a horrible price in terms of Lego. Enjoy either way!
We already had the Christmas train, and now just bought the motor power pack during the quarantine. I’m ok with the train i build on my own being non-motorized at first but the set you posted looks nice!

We already had the Christmas train, and now just bought the motor power pack during the quarantine. I’m ok with the train i build on my own being non-motorized at first but the set you posted looks nice!
Awesome! Love the Christmas train. That was the gateway drug that got me back into all of this Lego madness. Two years and several thousand dollars later...my kid's shelves are to the brim and we've got an entire Christmas display in the attic. Fun times! Enjoy the train and post some video of it when you get it moving.

Back