Layin' Bricks: The LEGO Thread

First post on new site is about Legos...what has life become? 5yr old got a bunch of gift cards for his bday so we pooled them together and he picked this. Two windows pop out, trap door on roof, 5 mini figs and a bunch of cool details inside the rooms. Cap’s hair has been MIA since the first day..

Anyone have use for a misc box of bricks? 12x10 box, mostly smaller Friends sets, a Minecraft set, Disney princess set, some mini figs, pets. An older small rocket launcher set, some Lego set with a book. The box is a mess, not going to lie, most of the sets got mixed at some point in my daughters adventures lol, but if someone wants a box of pieces shoot me a PM and a label and they are yours.

9621E918-20DF-494A-90B5-C7DF24093B27.jpegAF2D6B52-407B-4B1E-984E-A87AB5C0EBC0.jpeg8F295162-B7F5-448C-A082-94F7C32CC27A.jpeg
A while back I did a building inspection where the tenant was a lego distributor. It was literally a huge warehouse filled with tons of lego boxes. They had a bunch of sets on display throughout the office and employee break areas. These are just a few of them. I was geeking out the whole visit but the manager on duty didn’t even seem to like legos.

So uh, Rock31 blew up my porch today with a decent sized box full of wonderful. An estimated 10 different friends sets (kiddos going to love these), a creator set featuring a lovely squirrel, a bunch of misc mine craft stuff, a chain reaction book Lego set, and to top it all off (he did say there was older rocket launcher set) a set 462 1978 rocket launcher with its original box. I'm blown away. This was one of my favorite sets as a kid. I actually tried to piece of of these together a few months back while going through my old pieces. Didn't have enough OG wheels or white rocket section pieces. So many unexpected feels. I can't say thank you enough. I can't wait to dive into everything when I have some free time.

Everyone raise a glass to the generosity of Rock31! May he live long and prosperous! (Hugs)

Sorry about lack of pics. Stupid phone.

Ooof. This looks really really good.
Looking at this for our Winter Village display at Christmas. We have the Christmas train and would like to add some of these cars to set. (And this would seemingly justify to my wife the spend as she is "ok" with the Lego Winter Village display.)

That said, our Winter Village is getting to be maxed out on our mantle. The rumored ginger bread house as this years Winter Village set makes me want to justify the Disneyland set more as I'm not sure a gingerbread house is something that totally fits.

Ps. F' this thread too! It was around this time last year that I found the Lego tb thread and it has been several thousands of dollars later. @$$holes! (and loving every minute of it with my kids)

Odd question but what do you guys normally see as the differences between suggested ages? My 5 year old can do the 6 year old sets with ease most of the time, but I don’t want to start buying him 7 year old sets if they’re going to be a huge step up.. it seems like # of pieces is a big difference (although he’s currently working on a 400 or so piece City set at the moment), and maybe block size? Thanks for any info!

Odd question but what do you guys normally see as the differences between suggested ages? My 5 year old can do the 6 year old sets with ease most of the time, but I don’t want to start buying him 7 year old sets if they’re going to be a huge step up.. it seems like # of pieces is a big difference (although he’s currently working on a 400 or so piece City set at the moment), and maybe block size? Thanks for any info!
I wouldn't worry too much about the age recommendations other than as Legos attempt to gauge the attention span required for the instructions. If you think they are up for it then go for it.

My kiddos love the basic technic models. The pullback racers specifically. They seem to appeal to a good spread of years.

I never pay much attention to the age for my five year old son. Even the bigger sets aren't really a problem as he will come and go with it over a few weeks etc. (Wife not exactly thrilled with the "temporary" card table under our staircase that is the dedicated Lego table that has now been up for four plus months) The only set that has really given him much problems was a larger Star Wars AT-AT set because all of the grey pieces etc.

Our Lego journey has commenced! Every evening or any moment of free time we break out the Duplo blocks to build and play. He only has two sets consisting of a Mickey and Minnie Mouse birthday train and a random construction truck assortment. But the different variations on builds he comes up with is fun. Look forward to convert to the smaller and more intense blocks in the immediate future.