Choose your champion:

• Donald Trump

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 69 82.1%
  • Someone else

Votes: 7 8.3%

• Total voters
It does seem like the only hope for conviction is if Mitch decides to vote that way AND makes it widely known prior to the vote. With Trump done, Rs are going to grovel at the feet of the next most powerful party member. I do wonder if it's any more likely that there are more R votes after the Biden admin is already underway though. If there is truth to the reports of them fearing for safety and/or political backlash based on votes to impeach, I wonder if more time might a) calm those fears b) somehow create more safeguards for Rs similar to the $50MM pledged by anti-Trump republican group.

It does seem like the only hope for conviction is if Mitch decides to vote that way AND makes it widely known prior to the vote. With Trump done, Rs are going to grovel at the feet of the next most powerful party member. I do wonder if it's any more likely that there are more R votes after the Biden admin is already underway though. If there is truth to the reports of them fearing for safety and/or political backlash based on votes to impeach, I wonder if more time might a) calm those fears b) somehow create more safeguards for Rs similar to the $50MM pledged by anti-Trump republican group.
If Mitch gets assurances that the big money donors will come back if they vote to impeach Donnie, then he will vote for it. And if Mitch controls the coffers, enough Rs will back to impeach. Holdouts will be morons that actually think Trump will use some of his donations to help in their reelection bids, which to anyone with a brain should be clear he won’t.

Read someone today say that Trump is probably more likely to ask for money from candidates in order to campaign for him or endorse them than he would be to put any of his own money.

Impeached for the second time what a loser lol

Anecdote:
My loving and beautiful wife is a hero-nurse in Pinellas county. Her department had their staff meeting this past Monday and one of the doctors brought up, in a non-confrontational way, the chaos and rioting at the Capitol last week. A second doctor said to a third doctor (who by all accounts is a decent dude, but a Trump dude), "Hey, those were your people!" Everybody had a laugh, albeit a bit anxious.
Well, my glorious and dime-piece wife happened to be at lunch in the same room with the third ("your people") doctor as he was looking at his phone. He saw the dude that had been yeti-photographed with the podium and said, "Holy shit. I know that guy. He used to go to my church and his wife is a doctor. I know her personally and professionally."

"These ARE my people!"

I'm not sure if there was laughter or silence after that, but I suspect the latter.

anyway, fuck Donald Trump.