Announcement Introducing DDT Glassware: First Edition

Nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Here it is, the moment you've all been waiting for! DDT Glassware First Edition will be on sale (at dailydrinkingthreads.com) starting today at as-close-to-3pm Eastern Time-as-possible. We're super stoked about this announcement and are excited to get these glasses into your hands. But first, a bit of transparency is needed, because we promised from the beginning we would be open and honest with you about everything:
  • This is our first time doing anything like this, so shipping might be slightly slow. BadJustin has recruited help in the form of his daughter to pack all the glasses up, and we will do everything we can to make sure you get your glass as quickly as possible. In addition, it's our first time using the shop software and stuff so if anything goes wrong, please let us know and we will do our best to rectify. Thank you in advance for your patience!
  • The price on this glass is made so that we break even after just about 2/3 of the batch is sold, which means if we sell out, there will be more money raised than we spent on the glasses. This is for a few reasons:
    • We don't want to lose money on possible breakage.
    • This site costs money and we need to use the "profits" on sales like this to pay our bills.
    • We want to do some more neat things with DDT in the coming months, some of which will take larger amounts of seed money.
  • This is a limited batch of glassware - but not so limited that regular users should be shut out - I personally expect we'll sell out, but I think it could take a few days to do so, so don't panic and crash our servers or whatever. Cuz like, that 3pm go-live requires me actually physically push a button, and if you guys lock me out, it won't go live, so yeah. Please be calm.
  • We will maintain a list of people who bought stuff, and in a specific future sale of an upcoming interesting thing, those people will have early access. This won't be true for all merch sales, but for some of the more supply-limited things, we will help those who are helping us.
  • This will almost certainly be the only teku we ever sell. (But you knew there was gonna be one!)
Now, some details about the glass:
  • As mentioned above, it's a teku. (What did you expect?)
  • bae drew the art, and it's awesome.
  • It's a full wrap in metallic gold.
  • It's $15 per glass
  • Shipping is based on some wackiness, but basically you can save some money if you ship more than one - we've set it up for 3 maximum but if you find you need more than 3 (splitting shipping with people or something), let me know and we can try to figure out the proper rate.
  • It looks like this:

Finally, the moment you've been waiting for, a video of BadJustin "breaking in" this masterpiece:

[Oh and feel free to discuss here: https://dailydrinkingthread.com/community/threads/ddt-glass-001-speculation.136/]

Last edited: