Imperial stouts - non BA

1634353755236.png
This is a picture of someone else's bottle of Double Negative, in someone else's house, taken at an unknown time, from the internet.

I've had this many times in the past and enjoyed it, and want to bump this particular thread which I wasnt even aware of until now.

017C70D5-9739-4425-9E6F-92BA510C43DF.jpeg

Gonna get sentimental on you guys.

This is Tired Hands imperial stout.

8 years ago, their first release was my last time going and standing/sitting in line for beer. Only reason I went was for my now departed friend really wanted to try it and the barrel aged versions they released that day.

Its now 2021 and I ordered this online on their release day along with a barrel aged version and 3x variants. It was legit, cheaper to have it shipped to my house than it would have been to drive to the release. How the hell they offer free shipping on this beats me but, id do it again.

Anyway…this is classic stout material. It has that borderline acrid deep roastiness that comes across bitter and layered all things char. Fucking poundable stuff that reminds me of why I love stouts but is also a pretty damn good base that would lend itself nicely to mild adjunct additions such as coffee. (Which is one of the variants I got and intend to get into next.)

Local place has about a half dozen of these and some other older Freemont stuff just hanging out in the cooler.

image.jpg

This is so fucking good. Perfect barrel. Some char.
Great beer
Wrong thread

Back