Home Ownership

So.... update on the misting of Talstar P.

I’ve been outside all evening. Not a damn bite or bug to be found. So fucking awesome. I sprayed up the trees into the canopy, the siding, the beds... sprayed under my patio and the walls and posts. Did the yard... pretty much only avoid any areas I have pollinators around, and flowers that attract them.

Sold. Cost me nothing. I get 42 apps from a gallon. An application is 3 gallons mixed, covers my yard and house. It’s like .80 cents an application per month for the pesticides alone and it covers not just mosquitos but any pests in the lawn or around the home.

Figure the 300 bucks for the mister which is also a high powered back pack blower too, I need applications from day April to October maybe. So 6-7 months. It’s say 50 a month for the blower alone at 6 months. So 50.80 a month all in for 6 months.

Next year is .80 cents a month for control and 10-15 minutes of work.

Cost wayyyyyy more locally for that service.

;)
But....it's not organic....

Seth Rollins WWE GIF - SethRollins WWE Wrestling GIFs

Any tips and tricks for catching a mouse? Chased the little bastard all around the living room tonight but he's a quick little asshole.
Sticky traps, regular traps, and leave bananas out on a counter. Do you know where it is getting in? Any rub marks or trails from their route?

Worst part about catching them is being woken up by them at 1am because you caught half of his body in a trap and they are squealing...or half their legs in the sticky trap and trying to get free.

Personally I keep a pair of leather gloves bedside when I've hunted in the past with a flashlight so I can go pick them up and take care of them outside in a hurry.

How many mice you catching??
Every last one dammit! LOL Had an issue at our old house and caught 6 or 7 in a week before tracking down their entry point.

I only did the gloves thing when I knew we had a mouse getting in and I was setting traps...not a regular thing, thankfully.

Figured it may be a useful tip for someone on their first voyage setting traps but not considering what to do when caught in but not killed by the trap - which is way more often. Waking up to the snap of the trap and then a mouse squealing isn't ideal.

The place we are living in now had one a year ago that got into our bowl of bananas a couple nights in a row. I got smarter and waited for it to come out one night and turned on the lights so I could see him run back to where he came in. Sealed it up.

Thought it would be a great idea to build new since I am not handy. It was initially, but now the house is 15 years old and shit keeps breaking/leaking/dying. Builder used local contractors. Some were great...some weren't. Can't move because our dog is neurotic and wouldn't survive the change to environment. That means at least 5 more years in the current house. I wonder what else we're going to need to replace? Already did: windows, furnace, air conditioner, the flashing and roof!! Cheers to home ownership.

So.... update on the misting of Talstar P.

I’ve been outside all evening. Not a damn bite or bug to be found. So fucking awesome. I sprayed up the trees into the canopy, the siding, the beds... sprayed under my patio and the walls and posts. Did the yard... pretty much only avoid any areas I have pollinators around, and flowers that attract them.

Sold. Cost me nothing. I get 42 apps from a gallon. An application is 3 gallons mixed, covers my yard and house. It’s like .80 cents an application per month for the pesticides alone and it covers not just mosquitos but any pests in the lawn or around the home.

Figure the 300 bucks for the mister which is also a high powered back pack blower too, I need applications from day April to October maybe. So 6-7 months. It’s say 50 a month for the blower alone at 6 months. So 50.80 a month all in for 6 months.

Next year is .80 cents a month for control and 10-15 minutes of work.

Cost wayyyyyy more locally for that service.

Yuck, I would never spray anything that kills bees and some birds on contact, is toxic to fish and is a known carcinogen. Good luck with that.

Yuck, I would never spray anything that kills bees and some birds on contact, is toxic to fish and is a known carcinogen. Good luck with that.

Yeah, I’ve had lots of good luck with it.. since I don’t spray my bushes that have pollinators, and most birds don’t let you spray them. I don’t have fish, nor does my property near any bodies of water for run off and pretty much everything including bacon is a non carcinogen depending on who you ask.

I’m bug free, mosquito free, and don’t have to risk losing my landscape and property values.

Yeah, I’ve had lots of good luck with it.. since I don’t spray my bushes that have pollinators, and most birds don’t let you spray them. I don’t have fish, nor does my property near any bodies of water for run off and pretty much everything including bacon is a non carcinogen depending on who you ask.

I’m bug free, mosquito free, and don’t have to risk losing my landscape and property values.

Small minded with no abilty to to see the actual long term consequences. Push the issue in to your kids to deal with you ignorant actions. Good work mate.

Lets be selfish as fuck as it benefits me in the moment. Fuck the long term consequences.

Steward of the envirinment award
Coming soon.

Small minded with no abilty to to see the actual long term consequences. Push the issue in to your kids to deal with you ignorant actions. Good work mate.

Lets be selfish as fuck as it benefits me in the moment. Fuck the long term consequences.

Steward of the envirinment award
Coming soon.

You really are the most miserable motherfucker around, just when you think you’ve peaked...

I’m loving this shit right now, I’m glad I’m the first person around here to use a pesticide around my home. I’ll be sure to check in regularly to update on my pest free home for those watching.

Hell, would it touch your balls to know I use herbicides and fertilizers in my lawn?

Back