Hockey

Watched the Hawks clinch against the Bruins in 13 on NBC sports, then watched the Hawks beat the Canucks in the 2nd round game 2 of the 2010 playoffs on NBC Sports Chicago. Then flipped back to NBC Sports and watching Washington clinch vs Vegas. On beer, a good night.
IMG_20200326_203717.jpg
Drinking fantastic!

His twitter comments feel like Jonesy and Reilly came to life
tenor.gif

I guess nothing is private anymore.

Sure it is. And he's well within his rights to track down the hackers (if they really exist) and sue the pants off of them for invasion of privacy and all the other privacy talking points. But him (or anyone else), who is a complete douche bag, either truthfully or purely for show, shouldn't expect to be able to act like that under some guise of "privacy" in my opinion.

Not the specific ugliness with Leipsic and the Broski's here, but the idea of "I'm only racist in the privacy of my own home and DMs" isn't something I want to get behind being "acceptable".

Last edited:

If the NHL uses centralized locations, it probably would need the ability to play multiple games per day without fans. NHL arenas are best suited for that because of their back-of-the-house facilities, such as multiple locker rooms that can be sanitized as teams move in and out.

The League also would need the hotel space to house teams and the capacity to test personnel for COVID-19 without doing so at the expense of the medical community.

"I am told that there can be enough capacity, and certainly over the next couple of months, there will be more capacity," Commissioner Bettman said. "But that is a fundamental question, and we certainly can't be jumping the line in front of medical needs."

I really think they should just scrap the season and plan for a possible late start to next season (and likely without fans for a while). I assume the primary reason for wanting to resume this season is $$$ in the form of TV contracts, but I'd also guess that not the whole picture. I'm looking forward to the day I can get on the ice myself or go watch a game, but I seriously doubt that either of those happens in 2020.

I really think they should just scrap the season and plan for a possible late start to next season (and likely without fans for a while). I assume the primary reason for wanting to resume this season is $$$ in the form of TV contracts, but I'd also guess that not the whole picture. I'm looking forward to the day I can get on the ice myself or go watch a game, but I seriously doubt that either of those happens in 2020.

I'm with you on that, time to scrap it. Playoff hockey without fans just doesn't seem right.

Getting hockey on while no one else is playing is probably the goal. Also have heard Bettman really wants to permanently change the season start and finish. Start in November and then the Cup is on in the boring days of baseball and wouldn't compete with the NBA finals anymore.

Id watch hockey without a crowd. Would be interesting.

I agree. What happens if they come back from the playoffs, and someone comes down with covid, and then it gets passed on to multiple teams. Not only is this season officially done, now you’ve jeopardized next season as well. I know there’s no good answer, but I think you have to go with the option that minimizes impact.

I have been craving some hockey content, so I watched the Russian Five documentary last night. Really enjoyed it. I was young when all that was happening, so didn’t really understand the implications. Was very cool to see old Sharks footage, too.

Definitely teared up when they got to the limo crash part.

Back