Healthy Habits

Well, I’m in week 8 of no booze. In the past couple weeks, I’d actually lost track of how long it’s been. I’ve dropped 15-16lbs and with the stress of everything going on now combined with ample time to run/exercise and not eating out, I think I may have lost a few more pounds.

I’m running 3-4 miles every other day and doing 100 crunches and 40 pushups.

This should benefit me in the inaugural Hunger Games this summer.

No booze is done for now because holy fuck.

Of course there's a historical motherfucker of a world event occurring to derail the beacon of hope.

Image result for i don;t blame you gif

While I wasn't paying attention over the past couple weeks I slipped into the Concept2 Rowing 1 million meter club.

giphy.gif

I've been trying to really focus on two things while in quarantine, namely a) working out every day and b) trying to stick to a weekend-only drinking schedule. I've been pretty successful, and have been rewarded with falling below 280 for the first time in a while. In fact, I'm down about 15 lbs from my (lifetime) high point at the beginning of February. I still have a lot of work to do but this sure is the time to do it.

Wife decided she was going to run 5 miles today and planned out a route.

I’ve pretty much only done 5K or a little more, but I decided to copy her later in the day. Wasn’t that “fun” but ate up some time and felt good to say I’ve done it.

then some young millennial coworkers challenged me to “see 10, do 10” (pushups) - so I did that too. Damn kids.

Working: Since I started working from home, I do a max set of pushups then crunches every hour. If I miss an hour, I do two sets. Shoot for doing 8 max sets of pushups and crunches during the work day. Noticing some positive changes after two weeks.

Not working: Jelqing excersizes. No changes there.

Starting doing workouts with the Nike Training Club app this past week. Did a few beginner level, moderate intensity, no-equipment-needed ones...sad to say, but they kicked my ass. My core strength is weak as hell.

I highly recommend the app for anyone stuck at home without access to a gym or any equipment though. They’re offering free premium content right now for all us shut-ins.

I think I've somehow been losing weight over the past couple of weeks. Probably because I normally subsist on unhealthy restaurant food. My anxiety is probably also contributing. I'm sure my sodium levels are also down now with my beautiful, fabulous wife (h/t GhostOfGaspar) doing all of the cooking.
I'm back up a bit but I was hitting the beer hard so I'm cutting back a bit. The lack of built-in exercise is killing me, I miss my dumb bike commute.

I’ve been good at running outside nearly daily.

not good at doing other strength/flexibility exercises

had my lowest weigh in today which is good

however, after running yesterday, outside of my left foot hurts, hope It doesn’t hold me back

Im easily persuaded into doing challenges. My buddy invited me to do 100 pushups per day for the month of April so, why not. Anyone else want to join in starting tomorrow?

Since he challenged me, I returned fire with a rowing machine challenge. 1k a day, progressively compounded. Tomorrow - 1,000 meters, the 2nd - 2,000 meters, etc but only going to the 15th where it will end with 15,000 meter row.

Im gonna get this extra work in around my normal routine, I hope it offsets the anxious/nervous eating/drinking ive been doing during the quarantine.

We're making the Nike Training Club workouts a family thing - after my wife and I wrapped up work for the day, we moved the living room furniture out of the way, streamed the app from my phone to the TV, and the four of us did a 20-minute beginner-level strength workout. Was a nice antidote to sitting on our duffs all day!

Back