Great Music of DDT: Animals

just gonna start pumpin out the rest of the phish songs we haven't gotten to yet. gotta make good on the threat coach made.

this is one of the most played songs in phistory. some people have grown tired of it but i still enjoy it. it's upbeat and rocks to the finish. plus it's about hitting a possum, which people here might enjoy considering the rage they induce in some of you.

dogs and cats

BBFCFM = Big Black Furry Creature From Mars. One of those songs which cause people to look askance at phish fans. This one sandwiches another animal themed song, so it's another two-fer.

and finally Llama. An old song from the early days. This version is played on NYE. Celebrating their 30th anniversary as a band, they drove a truck mid-show, onto the floor of MSG and played atop with a simplified rig and microphones taped to hockey sticks to honor their earliest shows. It was quite the scene. I am somewhere in the background of this clip, which is actually closer to the stage. One of the best spectacles the band has ever done.

just gonna start pumpin out the rest of the phish songs we haven't gotten to yet. gotta make good on the threat coach made.

this is one of the most played songs in phistory. some people have grown tired of it but i still enjoy it. it's upbeat and rocks to the finish. plus it's about hitting a possum, which people here might enjoy considering the rage they induce in some of you.

dogs and cats

BBFCFM = Big Black Furry Creature From Mars. One of those songs which cause people to look askance at phish fans. This one sandwiches another animal themed song, so it's another two-fer.

and finally Llama. An old song from the early days. This version is played on NYE. Celebrating their 30th anniversary as a band, they drove a truck mid-show, onto the floor of MSG and played atop with a simplified rig and microphones taped to hockey sticks to honor their earliest shows. It was quite the scene. I am somewhere in the background of this clip, which is actually closer to the stage. One of the best spectacles the band has ever done.
Ok, here we go then...

Who doesn't love a song about an aging gospel singer who falls for and subsequently saves a weasel named Fee from a jealous chimpanzee named Floyd.

Or a dog named Jim that steals your rent money and comes home when he's 17. This isn't on an album, so here's a 35 minute version from my first show.

Or a song about stepping in dog shit.

here comes more phish

Ah, Antelope. A lot to unpack here. Another song from the original days. It has been a set 1 closer for a long time now. Starts up playful and quiet, then kicks into a driving, building, chaotic frenzy, only to be broken down to allow for space for the sparse lyrics, which end with the energy picking up and a big flourish to the end.
It's also the song they played for their appearance on The Simpsons. complete with "The Simpsons Signal" which often appeared in the early part of the song.

and last, it gave rise to the one of the obvious signs that the car in front of you is filled with dirty hippies, the Antelope sticker, created by one of the worst phans out there, Antelope Greg.

To keep following through with the threat:

This is a relative rarity at live shows (and has not been released on a studio album):

This is actually a nice funky blues tune that non-phans might actually like if they didn't know it was Phish

And this I really think this is just a great, tender ballad, despite it being a Phish song: