US - Midwest Friendly Illinois Bretheren (and Sisters)

Nathan

Administrator
Staff member
I have a friend who lives on the border who could probably help. I messaged him and he's in for it. Let me know if you want me to put him in contact with you guys.

And honestly if it's a one time thing I can do it. I assume it was for regular membership stuff.
It's a regular thing and yep that works for us!

Hello! Just booked a short, spontaneous trip to Chicago, Wednesday–Friday of this week (October 6–8). I’m not really looking for recommendations TBH because I already have a list that’s way too long to get through this trip, but anyway if anyone wants to meet up let me know! I have to be back at Midway by 7pm on Friday, so Wednesday and Thursday are probably going to be the easier afternoons/evenings to meet up if you have a “normal” work schedule; my AirBnB is about a half mile north of Revolution’s brewpub so it’s likely I’ll be ending my night there on one of those two days.
Sorry I missed this - probably wouldn't have been able to come out last week anyway, but - how was the trip? Highlights?

This new Keeping Together beer sounds so intriguing... what does it take to get her beers now on secondary? Or is it the type of thing that is GPIUFMBable?
The newest three all sound somewhat insane - which one did you mean? I'll tell you, I loved the coffee saison from middlebrow , wish they would make that one again. Also, I liked It Was Like a Holiday wayyyyyyyyyy more than I thought I would.

OceanOfMead

Staff member
Sorry I missed this - probably wouldn't have been able to come out last week anyway, but - how was the trip? Highlights?

The newest three all sound somewhat insane - which one did you mean? I'll tell you, I loved the coffee saison from middlebrow , wish they would make that one again. Also, I liked It Was Like a Holiday wayyyyyyyyyy more than I thought I would.
I could have probably come out but am bad with open invites. Need to be told where to show up and when. 😅 Speaking of which, anyone else do an early Saturday pickup for Rev this weekend? It would be nice to see a friendly face or two.

OceanOfMead

Staff member
I really like to roll in late on Friday night. I can put my kids to bed, drive down from Milwaukee, and be there around 9, 9:30. Usually a very limited crowd at that time. Try some of the variants on tap, and back home between 11 and midnight. Easy peasy.
I think our pickup is closer to noon. We are planning to order a pickup from Mindy’s then roll over to Rev. The Mindy’s pickup window is 9-10:30, though last time I got a text at 8AM when we were just leaving the house it was ready.

I could have probably come out but am bad with open invites. Need to be told where to show up and when. 😅
No worries at all! Just felt like it would be a bit rude if I didn’t throw out an open invite. 🙂

Chicago was lovely! Only touristy thing I did was the CAF river tour, but totally worth it – I fall into that category of I would like to be an architecture nerd but in reality I kinda know fuck all, so it was perfectly targeted towards me. Otherwise I mostly spent time on the L or walking (I’m a dork who loves riding trains in cities I visit in part because the rail system in San Diego is garbage) and went to a few restaurants, including Little Goat Diner, and for breweries I hit up Half Acre, Revolution brewpub (didn’t have time to hit the taproom before closing), Dovetail, and Other Half. At Mousetrap I got a personal tour from Laffler, which was a real serious highlight of the trip – Apex Predator is a beer that I quite literally always have in my fridge, and we only get distro of that + some of the “Beer for ______” series, so it was great having some barreled stuff I’ve never gotten a chance to try before and him talking about it.

Oh and my AirBnB host in Logan Square stocked a 6-pack of Revolution Oktoberfest in my fridge. Definitely left a 5 star review.

And one thing I didn’t expect – I never used my hoodie at all when I was there (I only used my light rain jacket for the occasional spells), but when I landed in San Diego I needed my hoodie.

Anyway I’ll definitely be back, and for a longer trip.

Last edited:
No worries at all! Just felt like it would be a bit rude if I didn’t throw out an open invite. 🙂

Chicago was lovely! Only touristy thing I did was the CAF river tour, but totally worth it – I fall into that category of I would like to be an architecture nerd but in reality I kinda know fuck all, so it was perfectly targeted towards me. Otherwise I mostly spent time on the L or walking (I’m a dork who loves riding trains in cities I visit in part because the rail system in San Diego is garbage) and went to a few restaurants, including Little Goat Diner, and for breweries I hit up Half Acre, Revolution brewpub (didn’t have time to hit the taproom before closing), Dovetail, and Other Half. At Mousetrap I got a personal tour from Laffler, which was a real serious highlight of the trip – Apex Predator is a beer that I quite literally always have in my fridge, and we only get distro of that + some of the “Beer for ______” series, so it was great having some barreled stuff I’ve never gotten a chance to try before and him talking about it.

Oh and my AirBnB host in Logan Square stocked a 6-pack of Revolution Oktoberfest in my fridge. Definitely left a 5 star review.

And one thing I didn’t expect – I never used my hoodie at all when I was there (I only used my light rain jacket for the occasional spells), but when I landed in San Diego I needed my hoodie.

Sounds like a great trip! Yeah, it was toasty last week (not ideal marathon conditions, which was last weekend). Definitely post up again if you return, hopefully I'll see it in advance next time :)

oh sure, you come out the month I leave, ffs

The carrot one.

I have a possible lead working from a none beer friend.