US - Midwest Friendly Illinois Bretheren (and Sisters)

Yeah that $160 could get me way more Deth’s Tar (but no tote - bummer!).
Deth's Tar will be what, $40/4 pack? 0.83/ounce
Cafe Deth will be $45 or $50/4 pack? 1.03/ounce

Let's assume DL is split $30 regular, $50 variant.
That's $1.18/oz for regular (40% more expensive the Deth's Tar).
And almost $2/ounce for a variant (90% more expensive than Cafe Deth).

But honestly, what's a few bucks when you are talking about beers like this. I can't imagine they are pricing very many craft beer fans out of the market at those rates.

OceanOfMead

Staff member

But honestly, what's a few bucks when you are talking about beers like this. I can't imagine they are pricing very many craft beer fans out of the market at those rates.
Don’t forget this batch comes in tallboys.

Reactions: dan

Even that comparison is generous to FFF. Deth was $25/4 & Cafe $30/4 last year. Don't see $15 increases YoY.

Coyote

I've had worse sprayed on my butthole
Speaking of both being available, prices for each format are posted:

1633099578128.png

Deth's Tar around a $12 "bomber" makes even its like-size-ish format under half the price of non-BA Dark Lord. I appreciate that Floyds seems to realize no one wants 4 bombers anymore, but Rev is taking them out behind the shed for an ass-beating on value.

DL package price isn’t great. It’s not as bad as some other hype released beers.

I do think it’s pretty cool that you now get 2 variants and 2 reg. I think most people will appreciate that more than having to do something with 4 regular Dark Lord bottles.

I’m curious if anyone is like me, in that without the allure of a DLD fest I have no interest in Dark Lord.

I also personally feel the mystique of DL variants have worn off and are not interesting or appealing. Unless we’re talking the 2011 variants. 😍

DL package price isn’t great. It’s not as bad as some other hype released beers.

I do think it’s pretty cool that you now get 2 variants and 2 reg. I think most people will appreciate that more than having to do something with 4 regular Dark Lord bottles.

I’m curious if anyone is like me, in that without the allure of a DLD fest I have no interest in Dark Lord.

I also personally feel the mystique of DL variants have worn off and are not interesting or appealing. Unless we’re talking the 2011 variants. 😍
They should only make 2 versions of Dark Lord, BA and Vanilla Handjee. Put them in 12 oz bottles and there would probably be enough for it to hit distro.

Hello! Just booked a short, spontaneous trip to Chicago, Wednesday–Friday of this week (October 6–8). I’m not really looking for recommendations TBH because I already have a list that’s way too long to get through this trip, but anyway if anyone wants to meet up let me know! I have to be back at Midway by 7pm on Friday, so Wednesday and Thursday are probably going to be the easier afternoons/evenings to meet up if you have a “normal” work schedule; my AirBnB is about a half mile north of Revolution’s brewpub so it’s likely I’ll be ending my night there on one of those two days.

This new Keeping Together beer sounds so intriguing... what does it take to get her beers now on secondary? Or is it the type of thing that is GPIUFMBable?

I am thrilled that she is doing her thing and doing well but Half Acre is SO FAR from me. And I can stumble to my local for Afterthought and Is/Was. So guess what I drink.
The same thing I would… Afterthought…

I am jealous of the Chicago beer scene. Dallas is lagging, we are getting better, but still far behind

Hello folks. It seems that sameasiteverwas and I are in need of a new Pips proxy. Can anyone help by chance? There's NY beers and stuff in your future if so.

or you can just buy the occasional pips bottle when he or I don’t max out.

I have a friend who lives on the border who could probably help. I messaged him and he's in for it. Let me know if you want me to put him in contact with you guys.

And honestly if it's a one time thing I can do it. I assume it was for regular membership stuff.