Firearms - Shooting, Carrying, and Collecting

Meh. Concealed means concealed. I quit asking permission years ago. 😉
source.gif

With no alcohol in my system, my statement sounds pretentious. That was not my intention so I apologize to you Mark, and anyone else that read it.

But....it is something I believe and practice. If we truly believe natural rights are not granted by the government, why then do we ask for permission? Just something to think about. :nottoxic:

With no alcohol in my system, my statement sounds pretentious. That was not my intention so I apologize to you Mark, and anyone else that read it.

But....it is something I believe and practice. If we truly believe natural rights are not granted by the government, why then do we ask for permission? Just something to think about. :nottoxic:
I agree 100%. Doesn’t sound pretentious at all. I was hoping you got the gif haha!

Went to Academy Sports to pick up some peanut oil, had to get this bad boy .......
77394931_2711383105549511_1221887701444198400_o.jpg

Those are fantastic.

I finally got around to getting my FOID card a month or two ago. There's only like one or two places around me that are shops/ranges, but thankfully one does classes. Like i'd probably be fine without a class (i've been shooting since i was a kid) and know the rules by heart but i figure it'll be a good way to test out a few guns while reinforcing safety since it's been, idk 20 years since i've shot one.

Went to Academy Sports to pick up some peanut oil, had to get this bad boy .......
77394931_2711383105549511_1221887701444198400_o.jpg
Looks like Bug-A-Salt will be having a Black Friday sale on their site tomorrow. I’ve got my eye on the V3.0 two-pack...tempted to keep them both to dual-wield, but will most likely give one of them to wife’s best friend/next door neighbor for Christmas since she’s the one who first told me about these things.

How do we feel about the Springfield XDM? My neighbor says his is lovely but we haven’t been able to link up to shoot it yet.
Usage is just a regular ol’ gun to have around the house and pop off at the range, and to teach the wife gun safety and the basics.

How do we feel about the Springfield XDM? My neighbor says his is lovely but we haven’t been able to link up to shoot it yet.
Usage is just a regular ol’ gun to have around the house and pop off at the range, and to teach the wife gun safety and the basics.

Haven't shot the XDM, but I did try out my friend's XDS. It was a fine shooter but I don't love the grip texture. I'm a bigger fan of the almost grip tape style stippling.

If you don't mind it though, I'm sure it'll get the job done as well as the M&P, Glock, Sig P320, etc. For something that's just a plinker, find something that fits your hand well from a reputable name and get the best deal on it.

Reactions: vav
Here's the setup I ended up going with. Vedder Light Tuck holster is working great. Nice and slim, comfortable enough.

Took the gun out for about 150 rounds the other day and love it. It fits my hand so well and the texture is perfect. I don't have huge hands, so some grips can feel too big to get a good handle on for follow up shots. Thus thing doesn't budge.

20191129_130914.jpg
20191129_130805.jpg
20191129_130819.jpg

What caliber?

it’s a fine pistol. I bought one when it released years and years ago, and was fun to shoot. It however, isn’t gonna work if you decide to carry it.

around the house? The car? Perfectly fine, and has enough heft to make it easy to shoot.

What caliber?

it’s a fine pistol. I bought one when it released years and years ago, and was fun to shoot. It however, isn’t gonna work if you decide to carry it.

around the house? The car? Perfectly fine, and has enough heft to make it easy to shoot.

I don't plan on CCL, and idk, prolly 9mm. .45 seems kinda excessive for just a lil buddy for the range

Those are fantastic.

I finally got around to getting my FOID card a month or two ago. There's only like one or two places around me that are shops/ranges, but thankfully one does classes. Like i'd probably be fine without a class (i've been shooting since i was a kid) and know the rules by heart but i figure it'll be a good way to test out a few guns while reinforcing safety since it's been, idk 20 years since i've shot one.

I had also been shooting since I was a kid and the missus and I took a class a few months back and in a matter of minutes I learned of and corrected a number of imperfections/bad habits/inefficiencies that I'd just been living with for like, yeah, probably about 20 years too. I shot perfectly fine up until then, but now I just feel I am better and more intentional in everything I do. I highly recommend it to help perfect grip, stance, form and all that with an instructor who's adept at getting people to that point (in my case it was a retired officer that spent most of his career teaching officers to shoot).

I had been given the advice years ago to never teach your spouse to shoot because you'll just pass on your imperfections/bad habits/inefficiencies to them. So, I'm glad we took a class because that's exactly what would have happened otherwise. Additionally, since we are vastly different in size, strength, experience, skill, etc. the instructor was able to give her little tweaks and instructions for her stance that helped her find something that was comfortable and effective for her.

I don't plan on CCL, and idk, prolly 9mm. .45 seems kinda excessive for just a lil buddy for the range

Then it should work... not sure why you’d pay the premium for capacity if just shooting at the range.

Caliber aside it’s preference, no real excessive part of it, each round handles differently, some more fun than others. Cost wise though- 9mm will be cheapest.

Back