Fermented/Distilled Agave Beverage Thread

Mezcal is one of those things I enjoy but don’t need to collect another thing so I never buy outside of the occasional pour at finer restaurants. El Zacatecano is an unassuming favorite I have come to enjoy.

I was pressured into drinking pulque from a metal communal spoon outside the pyramids in Teotihuacan, Mexico. I did not want to disappoint the lady who was so happy to tell me about it.

I was supposed to go to Mexico City last year and I was very excited about it. *Sigh* I guess I'll get to experience pulque and some later date.

I was supposed to go to Mexico City last year and I was very excited about it. *Sigh* I guess I'll get to experience pulque and some later date.
Teotihuacan is worth the trip outside of town if you do it first thing in the morning and beat the crowds. Is the on-site pulque thing mandatory... ehh, your call.

If you do end up going, gimme a shout. I’ve got a boatload of taco/food spots, and also highly recommend the Eat Like A Local food tour. Highlight of our trip last time

Teotihuacan is worth the trip outside of town if you do it first thing in the morning and beat the crowds. Is the on-site pulque thing mandatory... ehh, your call.

If you do end up going, gimme a shout. I’ve got a boatload of taco/food spots, and also highly recommend the Eat Like A Local food tour. Highlight of our trip last time

Not this year for sure, but I'm definitely going to Mexico City at some point.

To me it is the most underrated destination for Americans. Everyone goes to beach resorts…but that city is so amazing. Art, food, history.
Definitely on my to visit list. I enjoyed Ixtapa and most people only know it from Shawshank Redemption, and I feel like no one I know has been there (It’s not popular unless you golf). But it’s fucking beautiful. I wish we had done a bit more than wander into town but it was a really pretty area and I am glad we went. It was the first trip my mom had ever taken anywhere without my dad. We went for my undergrad graduation. Just my mom and I, and even though my mom laid like a lump on the beach whining that she couldn’t talk to my dad every day (member when international cell plans were not really a thing?) we had a really nice trip. Best resort food I ever had because the place mostly catered to Mexican tourists. It was fucking awesome.

Back