Fast Food Thread

Boston Market kind of rules, actually. You won't mistake their Nashville hot chicken sandwich for an authentic representation, but it's a goddamn good chicken sandwich. Plus chicken pot pies at the ready and their cornbread muffins go great smeared in the mac and cheese.
Are we calling Boston Market fast food?

never was a big fan of the Kopp's burger. or the wait time while you're crowded in to the.... lobby... area with dozens of other people milling around unsure where to stand and wait, but crammed shoulder to shoulder. outstanding custard, though.

Yeah it’s kind of an odd set up just milling around, can’t really figure which line, etc.

but do agree the custard is fantastic and the burger is solid.

Who is underwriting sandwich insurance?!? 🤣

99395139-B679-4247-B7D7-E528FADE1DA2.jpeg

I would love for one of these places to actually come up with a decent fish sandwich.

The problem is that frozen fish completely sucks most of the time. I just don't think it's possible for a fast food place to do it without having a fishmonger come by 2-3 times a week with fresh product. That's not necessarily possible outside mid to large size cities, especially far inland.

I would love for one of these places to actually come up with a decent fish sandwich.

The problem is that frozen fish completely sucks most of the time. I just don't think it's possible for a fast food place to do it without having a fishmonger come by 2-3 times a week with fresh product. That's not necessarily possible outside mid to large size cities, especially far inland.
You’re not wrong. The best part of LJS is the way too sty chicken “tenders” (what even is that plank of meat?) , and when my brain tries to run through other options I am just reminded how gross it is that McDonalds ruins the filet o fish with American cheese. I like American cheesefood. I like processed, fried cheesepuck. Just not together.

Arby’s fish sandwich is not bad.

Boston Market kind of rules, actually. You won't mistake their Nashville hot chicken sandwich for an authentic representation, but it's a goddamn good chicken sandwich. Plus chicken pot pies at the ready and their cornbread muffins go great smeared in the mac and cheese.
Man, Boston Market was my jam back in like 1995. I remember it was called Boston Chicken initially before the rebrand. Not unlike KFC's failed "Kitchen Fresh Chicken" bs. Haven't eaten there in probably 20+ years when they all disappeared.

Back