Fantasy Football

Couldn't find a thread on this over here. This thread got pretty active on the other site between August and December and a little into January. Let's keep it up!

Participating in my first two QB league this year. I've pretty much played nothing but standard/PPR Yahoo public leagues and one private league that we've had going for 14 years now. Two QB league is on ESPN and also includes four IR spots. Sounds like the IR spots for ESPN aren't necessarily related to the real NFL IR lists but rather any player who is ruled "Out" by the team can qualify. I like the idea but considering how close NFL teams play it with injuries I can see this not being as helpful when they don't rule a player out until an hour before kickoff. Anyone else have any advice for two QB leagues and the IR spot on a roster?

Pumped to get the drafts going! I'm dropping out of one league, but joining two new ones for a total of 3, which IMO is 1 too many, but we'll see how it goes.

2 QB is not for me, but I do like the idea of switching it up in terms of playing styles.

Couldn't find a thread on this over here. This thread got pretty active on the other site between August and December and a little into January. Let's keep it up!

Participating in my first two QB league this year. I've pretty much played nothing but standard/PPR Yahoo public leagues and one private league that we've had going for 14 years now. Two QB league is on ESPN and also includes four IR spots. Sounds like the IR spots for ESPN aren't necessarily related to the real NFL IR lists but rather any player who is ruled "Out" by the team can qualify. I like the idea but considering how close NFL teams play it with injuries I can see this not being as helpful when they don't rule a player out until an hour before kickoff. Anyone else have any advice for two QB leagues and the IR spot on a roster?
2 Qb is tough depending on how big the league is and scoring. If it is high scoring I'd draft 1st round,

Any favorite sites for mock drafts and pre draft analysis? I usually just find something randomly each year and go with it, but curious if there's something out there with more pedigree.

Any favorite sites for mock drafts and pre draft analysis? I usually just find something randomly each year and go with it, but curious if there's something out there with more pedigree.
Dont do much mock drafts so cant help there, but for analysis I like Fantrax.com & NFL.com & yahoo fantasy sports & Fantasypros.com & rotowire.com , If you want advanced metrics I really like playerprofiler.com

Since someone on the other site turned me on to it two years ago, or so, I recommend listening to 6+ hours a week of the Harris Football Podcast from August to December. Then just Three plus hours a week from January through July. :)

Otherwise, I just go with ESPN Fantasy and Yahoo Fantasy for their ranks and then just google a few other projections and sleepers etc. You end up over thinking it either way. I barely ever do mock drafts myself as the ones I've done over the years end up having some clown who takes random players just to f with the whole thing. I'm sure there are legit ones out there but I never really bother.

Any leagues going on here? Was in one for talkbeer but im sure that league is no more. I cant see that section yet on this site, so if anyone sees any openings let a guy know.

Hate Lamar Miller but he fell to me in the 7th round...unenthusiuastically drafted him at 7.10....proceeded to watch him go down for the season ~8 minutes after drafting him. :cautious:

I traded a rookie draft pick for him in the offseason of my dynasty league (we only draft the rookies each year) because my RBs were that terrible.

Thankfully I did not give up much for him and also...again, because my RBs were so terrible...I have Duke Johnson.

Let's rate some squads...I'll start - 12 team, 1pt PPR, 6th pick (images are in order of round picked)

ff1.jpgff2.png

Dropped Hyde for Zeke's backup, Pollard, who somehow was not drafted. Hoping Brissett is much better this year, but with a new coach and apparently good OL he could be decent.

er Kupp was 5th rd and Duke Johnson was 9th...this was last Friday btw. Show me your teams so I can tell them how mine are superior you cowards! ;)

Let's rate some squads...I'll start - 12 team, 1pt PPR, 6th pick (images are in order of round picked)

ff1.jpgff2.png

Dropped Hyde for Zeke's backup, Pollard, who somehow was not drafted. Hoping Brissett is much better this year, but with a new coach and apparently good OL he could be decent.
I was a little confused because the images weren't stacked with how I'm viewing the forum. So Sony Michel was your 6th round pick? I have not really looked at ADP much and haven't drafted yet so I was a little surprised to see him go that late. Is it because of the injury? I thought after his playoff run last year he would be in the fourth round or so. Duke Johnson in the 9th is pretty damned good after Lamar going down. Guessing he has seen a nice bump since the weekend.

Why two TEs? No kicker in your league? (I envy you if that is the case)

12 teams, 1 ppr, 11th pick

Joe Mixon(Cin - RB)
Baker Mayfield(Cle - QB)
Tyler Lockett(Sea - WR)
Marlon Mack(Ind - RB)
Mike Williams(LAC - WR)
Kenyan Drake(Mia - RB)
Hunter Henry(LAC - TE)
Dak Prescott(Dal - QB)
Austin Ekeler(LAC - RB)
New England(NE - DEF)
Marvin Jones Jr.(Det - WR)
Los Angeles(LAC - DEF)
Delanie Walker(Ten - TE)
Mike Davis(Chi - RB)
John Brown(Buf - WR)
Keanu Neal(Atl - S)
Tyrann Mathieu(KC - S)
DeMarcus Lawrence(Dal - DE)
Jason Myers(Sea - K)
Damon Harrison Sr.(Det - DT)
Kwon Alexander(SF - LB)
Joe Schobert(Cle - LB)

I was a little confused because the images weren't stacked with how I'm viewing the forum. So Sony Michel was your 6th round pick? I have not really looked at ADP much and haven't drafted yet so I was a little surprised to see him go that late. Is it because of the injury? I thought after his playoff run last year he would be in the fourth round or so. Duke Johnson in the 9th is pretty damned good after Lamar going down. Guessing he has seen a nice bump since the weekend.

Why two TEs? No kicker in your league? (I envy you if that is the case)
New league, no kicker was my idea and no one objected. 15 spots and limits on RB and WR so 2 TE or DST.

14 Team, non-ppr, passing TDS are worth 6. Tried to be the last one to take a Qb and had 4! teams take a backup between my picks 😧
Also need to drop someone for a K before week 1
26BEFCED-29E9-4AF4-9C6F-7F4C52F6CC1E.jpeg
Good squad. I have concerns about your QB (tho he is better in fantasy than IRL) and Coleman but lots of depth at RB and WR. I wanted Delanie Walker but he went earlier than I was expecting.

12 team standard

Screenshot_20190827-233340.jpg
Screenshot_20190827-233345.jpg

Yeah, I grabbed Ajayi after Al Michaels jumped the gun, but no big loss if I end up regrabbing Andy Isabella who I dropped.

I had a choice between Zeke and D. Johnson at 5. Had planned on Johnson anyway so I went safer. Also had the choice between ODB and Juju and went for the riskier one there.

Back