Everything STAR WARS thread

Well that was unexpected.

Cloning vats and midichlorian count. Things that looked like Snoke. Hints at the First Order and DARKTROOPERS?!?

Filoni is such a nerd and I love it.

Umm, holy shit. Filoni, you beautiful bastard.

So, I'm assuming Filoni is going to do exactly what he did with Clone Wars and fill in the gaps to movies that weren't the best received, and through his filling in of the gaps the whole becomes exponentially better.

You guys sure know a lot about Star Wars that I had no idea existed! I kinda like seeing these spoilers before the episodes because now I can go "hey what's a (spoiler)?" and then actually get the reference when I end up watching the episode.

Before the internet, many of us had books, toys, comics, pen-and-paper RPG books and video games to show us the Star Wars beyond the movies. For me personally, I loved the "Essential Guides" series of books. They were encyclopedias of races, characters, planets, weapons, ships, and technologies.

I played all the Lucas Arts computer games growing up, and I read a lot of the novels. Dark Forces was a first person shooter about the dude responsible for stealing the original Death Star plans and then fighting Dark Troopers. It all got wiped out with new continuity but they’ve been taking bits and pieces of things as they see fit, like bringing Thrawn back.

Before the internet, many of us had books, toys, comics, pen-and-paper RPG books and video games to show us the Star Wars beyond the movies. For me personally, I loved the "Essential Guides" series of books. They were encyclopedias of races, characters, planets, weapons, ships, and technologies.
Yeah, I know of all that, my brother even had some of the EU books! But I hadn't even watched the prequels until last month. It's all foreign to me!

I am considering trying to get an old Xbone/PS4 cheap so I can play squadrons, though. I sure am a sucker for the ships.

Yeah, I know of all that, my brother even had some of the EU books! But I hadn't even watched the prequels until last month. It's all foreign to me!

I am considering trying to get an old Xbone/PS4 cheap so I can play squadrons, though. I sure am a sucker for the ships.
Jedi: Fallen Order was fun, too.

Look I already feel enough like a weirdo trolling craigslist/fb marketplace daily for steals on Star Wars legos, plus all this other stuff. No need to expand my to-do list here. (I also genuinely do not have the time for this at all right now, what with the two young children.)
They can play with you! Lego Force Awakens is a cool ass game.

They can play with you! Lego Force Awakens is a cool ass game.
Oh we're getting the Skywalker Saga when it comes out. I recently went through a bunch of effort to set up my Wii so we could play the original Lego Star Wars game. Unfortunately my kid is convinced he can't actually do it, so he hasn't been trying. He's murdered Link a few times in BotW but that's it.

The newest ScreenCrush video revealed some real deep cuts as far as references:

Two things really jumped out to me:
One, the patches on the two scientists matched what the kid clones had on Kamino. I think it was clear there was cloning nonsense going on but to connect it back to Kamino is a nice touch.

Two, (possibly) bringing Darktroopers back into canon, to say nothing of the Imperial Department of Military Research!

Back