Everything STAR WARS thread

What's even crazier is the announcement of Palpatine's emergence in-universe is stuck in fucking Fortnite.
I know what you're trying to say but I cannot for the life of me figure out what word "Fortnite" is supposed to be. I personally don't find it all that jarring, lots of big plot points end up being introduce in the scroll, like Death Star II in RotJ (and probably others, that's just the one my kid has watched 5,000 times).
(along with Wrecker)
My kid looooooooooves Wrecker. He was saying "I like to blow things up because I like to blow things up," so much I had to make him stop. He also laughed for like 5 minutes after that line, we had to actually pause the video to be able to hear anything.

I know what you're trying to say but I cannot for the life of me figure out what word "Fortnite" is supposed to be. I personally don't find it all that jarring, lots of big plot points end up being introduce in the scroll, like Death Star II in RotJ (and probably others, that's just the one my kid has watched 5,000 times).

My kid looooooooooves Wrecker. He was saying "I like to blow things up because I like to blow things up," so much I had to make him stop. He also laughed for like 5 minutes after that line, we had to actually pause the video to be able to hear anything.

Fortnite, the game. Disney put his announcement in a video inside the game.

None of NuWars should be seen as canon. The last remotely enjoyable Star Wars movie was Rogue One. I like to pretend that the new trilogy doesn’t even exist, it was THAT bad.

None of NuWars should be seen as canon. The last remotely enjoyable Star Wars movie was Rogue One. I like to pretend that the new trilogy doesn’t even exist, it was THAT bad.
What are you feelings on the prequels?
No words. Although it does seem like a thing that could get cut out without being a big loss.

No words. Although it does seem like a thing that could get cut out without being a big loss.
Prequels are bad, but I feel like they can be somewhat enjoyed on an “I’m watching this ironically” level, especially after a few beers, and as a fan of comedy. The new sequel stuff is unwatchable imo. But I’ll be completely honest and say that I hold animosity towards Disney as a company, I felt rotten even buying a ticket for Rogue One.

Probably. I still think shoving Palpatine into the ST, and making Rey her grandkid, to be really really stupid. Like, reeaaaaallly stupid. It reminds me of a lot of the old EU books where everyone was always involved every single time.

The prequels are dumb movies with some interesting ideas and also lots of bad ones. They’re films with good actors drowned to death by a dude who cannot write dialogue and was more interested in technology. It’s pretty amazing that Ewan McGregor salvaged what he did. And Ian McDiarmand just has way too much fun being the ridiculously cheesy bad guy.

FWIW "Palpatine came back somehow" is the basis for approximately 80% of the EU novels.

Which is probably why I didn't have a problem with it at all and it makes TROS the most EU-like of the bunch.

There was a cloned Luke too, by the way....

His name is Luuke Skywalker.

Star Wars being dumb isn't anything new.

Prequels are bad, but I feel like they can be somewhat enjoyed on an “I’m watching this ironically” level, especially after a few beers, and as a fan of comedy. The new sequel stuff is unwatchable imo. But I’ll be completely honest and say that I hold animosity towards Disney as a company, I felt rotten even buying a ticket for Rogue One.
Rogue One was really good though so don't feel too bad.
Probably. I still think shoving Palpatine into the ST, and making Rey her grandkid, to be really really stupid. Like, reeaaaaallly stupid. It reminds me of a lot of the old EU books where everyone was always involved every single time.

The prequels are dumb movies with some interesting ideas and also lots of bad ones. They’re films with good actors drowned to death by a dude who cannot write dialogue and was more interested in technology. It’s pretty amazing that Ewan McGregor salvaged what he did. And Ian McDiarmand just has way too much fun being the ridiculously cheesy bad guy.
I still find it almost impressive that he managed to make Natalie Portman look bad. I mean, not physically, since he sure put her in some strands of fabric you could call a "dress", but as an actress. Part of the reason I didn't watch those movies until this last year was seeing some scenes of episode II while my family was watching and thinking "if he made her look this bad how bad is the rest of it?"
FWIW "Palpatine came back somehow" is the basis for approximately 80% of the EU novels.

Which is probably why I didn't have a problem with it at all and it makes TROS the most EU-like of the bunch.

There was a cloned Luke too, by the way....

His name is Luuke Skywalker.

Star Wars being dumb isn't anything new.
I feel like people who don't think that Star Wars is a dumb franchise for kids haven't actually watched RotJ with any kind of critical eye. Honestly the whole plot might be the dumbest of any of the movies, none of the acts make any sense at all. The fact that it's my kid's favorite by far just solidifies that for me. But it's fine! They're still fun stories and cool ships you can make out of legos. What more can you ask for?

shocked friends GIF

The last two episodes of Bad Batch have been significantly better.
My kid keeps choosing to watch the Clone Wars instead, so it may be quite a while before I watch another one. I do keep wondering why TCW is so popular, we're at the end of S2 and it's still just fine.

My kid keeps choosing to watch the Clone Wars instead, so it may be quite a while before I watch another one. I do keep wondering why TCW is so popular, we're at the end of S2 and it's still just fine.
it's long but it does get better, it got ups and downs for sure. It makes episode 2 and 3 ( the movies) make a lot more sense. Also the last season is prob my favorite thing star wars. it's also where the bad batch make their debut. honestly you should watch the last season before bad batch anyways!

Back