Everything STAR WARS thread

Just watched Rise of Skywalker. Definitely some big-time groaner moments but that's Star Wars. I'm not a huge fan by any means (if you averaged them all together I've probably seen each movie <2 times) but even so, TLJ seriously lowered my expectations as a whole, so I didn't leave this one a bit disappointed. Abrams just has a way of making cheese more acceptable/accessible to a cynical prick like me. My favorite moment in the whole movie was when the red-eyed C3PO delivers his ominous message, and in the dead silence as they are all processing the information, the little droid hacker dude goes "heyheeeeeeey!" b/c he's happy it worked lol. The sweeping shot over the battleship as the whole world shows up to fight the fleet of baddies was pretty good too. Rogue One still the best.

Babu Frik is great!

Just watched Rise of Skywalker. Definitely some big-time groaner moments but that's Star Wars. I'm not a huge fan by any means (if you averaged them all together I've probably seen each movie <2 times) but even so, TLJ seriously lowered my expectations as a whole, so I didn't leave this one a bit disappointed. Abrams just has a way of making cheese more acceptable/accessible to a cynical prick like me. My favorite moment in the whole movie was when the red-eyed C3PO delivers his ominous message, and in the dead silence as they are all processing the information, the little droid hacker dude goes "heyheeeeeeey!" b/c he's happy it worked lol. The sweeping shot over the battleship as the whole world shows up to fight the fleet of baddies was pretty good too. Rogue One still the best.
It’s probably the most entertaining ending they could have made however don’t look into the logic in any way.

Like how 50,000 ships can navigate to the planet to help without any navigation beacons... but the Final Order Fleet can’t even move 5 feet upwards... with a navigational beacon still in working order on the planet surface (that was deactivated and switched to the command vessel, not destroyed, they could have switched back or *blink blink* had one on every vessel). Heh.

PS: Babu Frik needs his own Disney+ show about droid repair.

Watching the doc for TROS on Disney+ and I had NO idea that the Tatooine scenes from ROTJ were shot in the California desert. I always thought they went back to Tunisia for those. mindblown.gif

EYZV-K1U4AA1duJ

Finally watched Rise of Skywalker. A couple of thoughts...

1. Dominic Monaghan has had the same haircut for 20 years.

2. You could tell they had to scramble to figure out what to do after Carrie passed away.

The scene with Han was definitely supposed to be Leia force projecting

3. Anytime that Adam Driver and Daisy Ridley are on screen I'm all in. Otherwise it's only just OK....that really goes for the whole trilogy.

Big reveal about who Timothy Olyphant is playing in Mando S2 from reputable sources out there (THR/Slashfilm/etc). Maybe try to avoid because now I’m starting to piece things together in my mind on what will happen.

Probably won't be able to avoid it for however long it takes for season 2 to drop unfortunately.

Big reveal about who Timothy Olyphant is playing in Mando S2 from reputable sources out there (THR/Slashfilm/etc). Maybe try to avoid because now I’m starting to piece things together in my mind on what will happen.

You talking about
the sheriff who wears Boba's armor?

I was hoping for Cad Bane

Back