Do you even Reuben?

Fuck that looks great!

Review?

It wasnt that good honestly. It was cooked well, I just think the ingredients were sub par. I was on beer and ordered through door dash(which I dislike), and wasn’t the place thought I was thought was ordering from

3EA6438C-B387-4146-B261-E683E5C2F733.jpeg

first non-homemade Reuben since Covid started. This one is from the Detroit ham and corned beef Co. Bread, while not marbled is still excellent, and well toasted. Beef was stacked high and full of flavor. Sauerkraut was aggressive, but it needed to stand up to all the meat. Russian dressing added the right note of sweetness. Pickle tasted great as well.

Would reub again!

Hygrade Deli in Detroit.

20210206_113950.jpg

Good crisp on the bread, nice thick slice of Swiss with decent melt ( exposed corner not withstanding), excellent homemade Russian with nice tang, Kraut was fine and could use more brine but had good crisp. The corned beef was Sy Ginseng and fucked hard.

I don't pickle.

9/10. Best one in Detroit and it's not even close.

Hygrade Deli in Detroit.

20210206_113950.jpg

Good crisp on the bread, nice thick slice of Swiss with decent melt ( exposed corner not withstanding), excellent homemade Russian with nice tang, Kraut was fine and could use more brine but had good crisp. The corned beef was Sy Ginseng and fucked hard.

I don't pickle.

9/10. Best one in Detroit and it's not even close.
Don’t think I have ever had Hygrade but I am currently firmly on team Bread Basket. Yes I have been to Mudgies and while it was good, I like a strong meat to kraut ratio.

local place posted that they are doing reubens and rachels this month. decent sandwich joint. lined up a trip there today.

it's....... okay. by the time i got home with it the bread was soft. flavors were solid but the visual was off-putting.

anyways, some woman is on their FB page arguing that "reubens should never be on rye and definitely not warm" and i'm 85% sure she's not trolling.

Back