Crazy Band Names

Realize there is arguably an over-abundance of music threads at the moment, but I thought it would be awesome to have a thread where we can drop funny, ridiculous, dumb or otherwise crazy band names for the enjoyment of all. Some sort of proof of existence is a must so we know you're not just making shit up.

Allow me to kick things off with a Four Way Anal Touchfight. Described on discogs as Experimental, Viking Metal, Avantgarde, Krautrock

A couple favorites of mine

The band Trail of Dead is short for ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead, which comes from a prayer the Maya addressed to their god of the grain. The presumed prayer goes like this:

'Sever for us all ties
Between the now and what is to be
We will act as your sword, oh Great Itzamna
And you will know us by the trail of dead'

That's pretty badass, as is the band. In fact, I'm going to go listen to some now

Another is Minus the Bear.

“A friend of the band had gone on a date,” explains singer-guitarist Jake Snider, “and one of us asked him afterwards how the date went. Our friend said, ‘You know that TV show from the ’70s B.J. and The Bear? It was like that minus the bear.’ That’s the straight truth.”

The one I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned yet is Anal chief. Or Anal Homie as they'd be known on TB. Or Anal Poo-Bah if my suggestion would be approved.

I'm not even going to post a song by them, because I think the band sucks and is just incendiary for the sake of being incendiary. And none of them are SFW. Or just safe in general. Fuck those guys. Actually, I take that back because that's probably what they'd want me to say.

Anal chief is a great band.

The one I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned yet is Anal chief. Or Anal Homie as they'd be known on TB. Or Anal Poo-Bah if my suggestion would be approved.

I'm not even going to post a song by them, because I think the band sucks and is just incendiary for the sake of being incendiary. And none of them are SFW. Or just safe in general. Fuck those guys. Actually, I take that back because that's probably what they'd want me to say.

Anal chief is a great band.
I would have gotten around to mentioning them eventually...but listening to records and trying to find clips to post for bands in this thread aren't really complementary activities. Grindcore bands are also pretty easy pickings for this thread, with these guys, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Pig Destroyer, Cattle Decapitation, Cephalic Carnage, Circle of Dead Children, and so forth.

I did see AxCx live once as they were playing some anniversary show in Boston and it was a relatively cheap ticket. Really weird show and I'm pretty sure that was the show where I saw one of the opening bands have a guy smashing some form of cephalopod or other sea creature with a hammer.

Right then, done with records, have some beer in me and a bit of time before I have to head out tonight.

Goblin Cock

You've Got Foetus On Your Breath

Surprisingly, this is NOT a grindcore band. One of the originators of weirdly named bands from Australia though. This was a solo project for a guy who would routinely change the band's name to some other phrase with the word foetus in it before ultimately just going by Foetus starting in the mid 90s. Other monikers include: Scraping Foetus Off the Wheel, Foetus Interruptus, Foetus Corruptus.

The Rancid Yak Butter Tea Party

I actually really like these guys and wish there were more out there.

Diarrhea Planet

Right then, done with records, have some beer in me and a bit of time before I have to head out tonight.

Goblin Cock

You've Got Foetus On Your Breath

Surprisingly, this is NOT a grindcore band. One of the originators of weirdly named bands from Australia though. This was a solo project for a guy who would routinely change the band's name to some other phrase with the word foetus in it before ultimately just going by Foetus starting in the mid 90s. Other monikers include: Scraping Foetus Off the Wheel, Foetus Interruptus, Foetus Corruptus.

The Rancid Yak Butter Tea Party

I actually really like these guys and wish there were more out there.

Diarrhea Planet

I came here to post Diarrhea Planet, and it's because I think they fucking rip.

Also I wonder what the dudes in the band ISIS think about how that selection aged.