Gambling

I have the Illinois Lottery app on my phone for when Powerball and MegaMillions jackpots get in the news - instead of stopping at a gas station, I just buy the tix online.

Today, I got an e-mail from them that said "log in to play your free line of Break Em" - I guess they have all these new quick play games on the app that seem like scratch offs, but they're animated (match your numbers and win a prize). So I played my free game and yadda yadda yadda won $500 on the free line.

Loaded up the Draft Kings account. Let's do this.

Week 1 NFL picks. Let's see if I can keep my player prop streak going from last year.

Joe Burrow O5.5 rush yards
Kareem Hunt O16.5 rec yards
Irv Smith u29.5 rec yards
Michael Carter O2.5 receptions
Brandon Aiyuk O3.5 receptions

3 leg parlay: TD anytime +1230
Nyheim Hines
Justin Jefferson
Mike Evans

2 team $ line parlay +170
Vikings
Broncos

Instead of betting Chiefs/Cards, I put a big ass bet on Arizona to miss the playoffs at -135. If they are +6.5 here, injuries or no, they are being rated with a bunch of supposedly bad teams like Washington. The line this week doesn't match their playoff price or their win total, combine that with a gut feeling I have that this team might bottom out under Kingsbury and I'm laying it.

Tennessee -120 to miss playoffs also feels like a good bet. There's a chance they are really bad this year. Like maybe 6 wins bad.

Instead of betting Chiefs/Cards, I put a big ass bet on Arizona to miss the playoffs at -135. If they are +6.5 here, injuries or no, they are being rated with a bunch of supposedly bad teams like Washington. The line this week doesn't match their playoff price or their win total, combine that with a gut feeling I have that this team might bottom out under Kingsbury and I'm laying it.

Tennessee -120 to miss playoffs also feels like a good bet. There's a chance they are really bad this year. Like maybe 6 wins bad.
I’m with you on the Cardinals.

Joe Burrow O5.5 rush yards
Kareem Hunt O16.5 rec yards
Irv Smith u29.5 rec yards
Michael Carter O2.5 receptions
Brandon Aiyuk O3.5 receptions

3 leg parlay: TD anytime +1230
Nyheim Hines
Justin Jefferson
Mike Evans

2 team $ line parlay +170
Vikings
Broncos

Late game action.

Marquise Brown o61.5 rec yards
Jerrick McKinnon o10.5 rec yards
Robert Tonyan o24.5 rec yards
Mike Evans o66.5 rec yards
7/9 on my player props. Hines got tackled at the 2 yard line or that long shot would've cashed. Also put a little on Mike Evans to score the 1st TD last night and that hit. Just need Denver to win tonight to have a really nice week 1.

Back