Couple thangs

In the past few days I've noticed that when I click on an alert, it doesn't jump directly to the post, but usually a few posts up the page. This is using Chrome for desktop/laptop. Not having the problem with Chrome on my phone.
Are there by chance a lot of photos in the page of the thread? Or Instagram links or YouTube?

Are there by chance a lot of photos in the page of the thread? Or Instagram links or YouTube?

Not sure, but probably. It's happened in multiple threads. I'll keep an eye out and let you know.

I also noticed that if I go back and check the alert again, it usually goes to the correct post.

Edit - this is also happening when I click on a thread with new posts. Just clicked on the dog pix thread, and it went to 9 posts above the newest unread post. So in that case, yes, it was a thread with a lot of media/pics.

Last edited:
Not sure, but probably. It's happened in multiple threads. I'll keep an eye out and let you know.

I also noticed that if I go back and check the alert again, it usually goes to the correct post.

Edit - this is also happening when I click on a thread with new posts. Just clicked on the dog pix thread, and it went to 9 posts above the newest unread post. So in that case, yes, it was a thread with a lot of media/pics.
I suspect what's happening is that chrome is mispainting the page before it realizes the dimensions of all the photos. This used to happen to be on TB all the damn time. I don't think there's a solution but if you can update your chrome, try that.

Well I can now confirm that it's happening to me too. Only on desktop, only in Chrome. Only on pages with large numbers of photos.

I think the newest version of Chrome might have screwed something up. Nothing we can do, sadly.

Well I can now confirm that it's happening to me too. Only on desktop, only in Chrome. Only on pages with large numbers of photos.

I think the newest version of Chrome might have screwed something up. Nothing we can do, sadly.
Same here. Has been for a while and only on certain threads

Using mobile Chrome on my Pixel 4a. It is not allowing me to use any of the formatting or upload options (bold, italics, insert image, insert link). Has been happening for about a week. Any thoughts on what could be causing this? I logged out and then back in with no difference.

Using mobile Chrome on my Pixel 4a. It is not allowing me to use any of the formatting or upload options (bold, italics, insert image, insert link). Has been happening for about a week. Any thoughts on what could be causing this? I logged out and then back in with no difference.
Hit the three dots to the right of the undo button. Then hit the brackets icon to the right of the redo button.

And then you should be good.

Back