College Football

SEC would never boot Kentucky or Vandy. Both are easier wins in football and Kentucky is a money maker in basketball.

Plus Vandy gives them that, we do care about academics school

ND will never go to the B1G they don’t have the enrollment size and don’t want to be the third wheel to UM and tOSU. If they go to the ACC full time that makes the most sense. I’m sure NBC would love to work out a deal to get some additional ACC games.

It really is happening.

This is really a good idea now that I think about it more. The B12 would essentially be AAC so now there are 4 conferences that get auto bids for the playoffs and adds more teams that have a shot of getting into the playoffs. Instead of Oklahoma getting an auto bid (unless Matt Campbell can get over the hump).

Though it looks like this won't happen until 2025 unless the B12 folds before than.

Now if they can only make the group of 5 teams div 2 and give them a playoff with a shot at a national championship.

Here come the locusts.

It's amazing how much shit the Longhorns have talked about how the SEC is beneath them, they've done absolutely nothing in the weakest conference and are now bullying their way in.

They should have to defeat Maryland before they're allowed in.

They still have to get 11 yes votes. Vandy usually abstains. A&M, Arkansas, and Mizzou are probably Nos. LSU might be convinced to be a no. While it's most likely this is going to happen, it's still not a done deal.

This is really a good idea now that I think about it more. The B12 would essentially be AAC so now there are 4 conferences that get auto bids for the playoffs and adds more teams that have a shot of getting into the playoffs. Instead of Oklahoma getting an auto bid (unless Matt Campbell can get over the hump).

Though it looks like this won't happen until 2025 unless the B12 folds before than.

Now if they can only make the group of 5 teams div 2 and give them a playoff with a shot at a national championship.

Texas/Oklahoma will absolutely pay a negotiated buyout to get out early. They'll be playing in the SEC by 2023 if not sooner (no pun intended)

Texas/Oklahoma will absolutely pay a negotiated buyout to get out early. They'll be playing in the SEC by 2023 if not sooner (no pun intended)
Don’t both have to pay 70+ million? I mean that a big price for 2 years. Looks like they would earn about 35-40 million from the sec. So I’m not 100% sure they would take the buyout.

Don’t both have to pay 70+ million? I mean that a big price for 2 years. Looks like they would earn about 35-40 million from the sec. So I’m not 100% sure they would take the buyout.

Yeah, I believe if they left now they would have to pay $80M. My guess is they'll wind up paying at most half that and leave early. Lawyers will negotiate. Big XII won't want them there once they get voted into the SEC.

Back